Question speaker settings on my reciever.

Audiophile01

• Moderators

Put 'em all on SMALL............................

Ob is correct Small.

DrWho had a long thread about this months ago, and it made sense. So as much as I didn't want to belive it I tried setting them to small. I use a Yamaha also and was able to put on a concert DVD and put it on a comfortable volume and switch back and forth between large and small quickly.

It sounded better set to small and let the sub handle the rest, and this was using 6 Fortes. I think the big difference was with 6 Fortes the bass was not tight it was kind of boomy, some of them were to close to a rear wall, and all were somewhat in corners.

Try it for yourself switch back and forth while something is playing and listen for yourself .

Try both ways, it's free................I think you have small speakers anyway.............I use large on my fronts, because the H2 is a 12" woofer and can handle anything above 90 hz quite well........rears are KG4's set to small..........center channel set to small.............actually, using auto set up on the Yamaha sets the speakers the exacxt same way..........go figure..............try different ways, you never know.................