Quick RSW-12 Help :(

nuxx

I just connected my RSW-12 to my pioneer elite VSX-84TXSi's SUB pre out. I connected the cable to the LFE Left input on the sub, and it seems that only the back woofer is vibrating. The Front seems to hardly vibrate. Does that front just act as reflex for the back or should it vibrate just as much?

Thanks,

-Peter

• Moderators

Check the setting on the menu on the Pioneer, make sure it's set to send a signal to the sub. If not just leave it on and see if it still shuts down, is the sub new ? Also if the volume is set very low it may not be enough to set off the sub. Just guessing !

The auto on feature on the RSW-12 and 15 are not sufficiently sensitive to keep the sub on unless you boost the sub output to +7 db or more on my Pioneer 59TXi. Per Klipsch techs, very little electricity is saved with auto on, so it is better to leave the sub set to on and not auto during movies etc.

Bill

I leave mine on all the time, Digital amp draws very little at idle, fine to leave it on all the time.

i had the same problem with it not coming on.

your allset enjoy the monster, BTW i had both, the 12 first, dont worry about couldve shouldve wouldve that upgradeing to the 15 there wasnt much difference in performance, the 12 slammed (in my opinion) just as good as the 15, knowing what i know now from experiencing both of them i could have kept the rsw-12

now you can start screwing around with placement[:P]