You guys are crazy, Bo$E IS the best!

tommyboy

In my previous line of work I was able to travel a lot. I visited all kinds of music venues, jazz clubs, rock, big band, country, audio stores, etc. Some venues were small and some large, acoustical, amplified and non amplified. I've honestly tried to listen to all kinds of systems with an unbiased opinion. To my ears listening to Bose or Klipsch with set ups being equal, the room and other components favor the speaker being listened to. Listening to Bose audio performance is like a figment of realism, listening to Klipsch is like a stream of consciousness in reality.That being said, I also understand that we all do not hear the same. It is easy to understand that we all do not see the same because it is easy to prove, but with hearing it is subjective. In fact, hearing in general is still very mysterious to us. The basic concepts at work in the human ear is fairly simple, but the specific structures are extremely complex.

The auditory system filters out a few simple discrete aspects of complex sounds. Information about how high or low-pitched a sound is, how loud it is, and how often it is heard is then channeled along separate nerve pathways to higher-order processing centers in the brain. This is where millions of auditory neurons can compute the raw data into a recognizable sound pattern. That is just to name a few things the ear accomplishes, not to mention the spatial cues, and the localization of sound.

An example of this would be, if you dropped something with your eyes closed can you locate it only using your auditory localization. What I am trying to say is I respect the other possibilities of another persons hearing or lack of, but I know what I like!! We do not all hear the same or Interpet audio the same

Exactly. So the question that begs to be asked is this: What value is there in bashing Bose or any other speaker manufacturer? And the rhetorical question is: Isn't it possible that by our overt bashing of Bose (or others) when our friends/acquaintances come to us seeking advice/counsel, that we turn them off with our bias and closed mindedness therefore distroying our creditability and, ironically, sending them into the waiting arms of Bose (and others)?

Tom

Bose has one of the best marketing departments around second to maybe Coke or Microsoft.

I liked Bose when I was younger and then I heard something I liked better a bedside AM FM Radio AlarmClock combo. Actually the Base wave radio is ok for what it is I just think it is overpriced but people still pay.

Like it ot not Bose is best at something, advertising/marketing. They have built a quality perception about their products which the inexperienced cannot discern. Bose gets people to audition their product. For many Bose is the best they've ever heard and shopping stops then and there...purchase decision made...product is in stock.....sale transacted...done deal. After that it will be very hard to convince these people that they not only made a poor choice but that were were duped. So while we sit in righteous Bose judgement they are laughing all the way to the bank....and then some. As much as we appreciate Klipsch they're not even in the same league as Bose when it comes to hacking product. And they seem to want it that way.