Is it worth the hassle?

tommyboy

As many of you know, I'm stationed in England, and there's no reference line dealers over here. I'm going home in May, and here's what I'm thinking. I want to upgrade my synergy setup to RF62 system. Everything but the sub. But.....I'd have to mail it to myself, so you can imagine how much shipping is going to cost. Then there's the risk of something getting damaged. That's a long way to ship something. (from Memphis to England). it's either do this, or wait until '09 when I move back to the states. Is it worth the hassle, or would you wait if you were me?

Sorry to say but I would wait. For the price that it is going to cost to ship you can save up get more speaker for the money. Also is England the only place that you are going to be stationed till '09? And the last thing you want to do is have the military ship your speakers back to the states in '09. Plus don't you have the pay them over a certain weight limit, I think but can be wrong, my family was in the military.

James

Yes, I'm in the military. yes, this is the only place I will be stationed until '09. I might get to leave in '08, but highly doubt it. that's a good point about waiting, and saving more money, and not paying to ship everything. I didn't realize that I could get more speaker instead of paying for shipping and all that. Thanks

Not sure if you already bought them, If you are in the Military, have you checked with AFEES to see if they can order and ship these to you?

Also, if your orders assiging you are less than 1 year old, and you can prove you owned these when you recieved your orders, you might be able to use a portion of your unused transportation allowance for shipping.  Worth checking into.

Tommyboy,

Two things: Depending on how long you have been in England, you may still be authorized additional shipments of household goods through TMO on your orders. I've been retired for a few years, but I remember we had up to 6-months (or longer) to ship things on our original PCS orders. All you would have to do is visit the nearest USAF base when you are on leave and set it up. Do call first, because the policy might have changed since I've been out.

Secondly, if you do end up shipping the items to England, you would only have to pay the shipping rate to New York. All mail going to an APO is routed through New York, Uncle Sam picks up the tab from there. One of the perks of being in the military stationed overseas.

William