You upstate NY boys still kickin?

Arky

BigStewMan...............New York City, is the greatest city in the world, but if you really want to see New York State you need to come up North , Lake George, the Adirondacks, Saratoga Springs in the summer................the North Country's where it's at..........Late summer, early fall, don't get much better..................if your ever up here get ahold of me, I'd be glad to give you the tour..............For Sure.............Tourist Guy.............

Oldbuckster--i may take you up on that offer someday. how will i find you? should i just listen for the loudest and sweetest sounding classic rock and follow the tunes to your klipsch?

you folks have been getting hit real hard lately--hope things warm up soon. I guess you'll enjoy spring more than the rest of us (except for me during the 15 days i'll be on a boat in the middle of the pacific ocean enroute hawaii). be careful.

BigStew, that don't sound like no Ice Breaker your going on this time[;)]

OB, sending you an email as I may be in your neck-o-day woods come end of May[:D]

That would be great Kaiser...............May is nice here, and we could take the Silver Bullet out.........Yeah Man

Stew, when your ready I'll give you my phone number, and we can go from there.........you into Bikes, or Cars ?

BigStew, that don't sound like no Ice Breaker your going on this time[;)]

OB, sending you an email as I may be in your neck-o-day woods come end of May[:D]

That would be great Kaiser...............May is nice here, and we could take the Silver Bullet out.........Yeah Man

Stew, when your ready I'll give you my phone number, and we can go from there.........you into Bikes, or Cars ?

I absolutely love bikes; however, i've never drove one. rode on em though. watch all those chopper builder shows and wonder how cool that would be. a big guy like me riding on the back of a motorcycle doesn't do much for me in the macho image category. my biggest concern is the weather in the summer actually. i've been blessed with asthma and high heat & humidity are torture. i did ok for the five years that the coast guard had me living in michigan though.

kaiser--if i encounter any ice on this trip, we're all in a world of hurt. this is to celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary. both me and the wife have already been to hawaii--she enjoys relaxing by the pool, i like being out on the water--so we decided to take a cruise there. a little pricey, we got a mini-suite since we'll be onboard for two-weeks, got our own balcony and a sitting room, 2 tv, etc... i'm hoping for good weather and seas (although a small part of me hopes for at least one day of high seas!)

Stew early Summer big Americade Bike show up this way........................the week-end after Labor Day one fine Car Show up here............I make it a point to hit the Car show..............Fall Nationals............it's GREAT........a car for every taste...........Stay here with me.........something to think about....very few high humidity days.up here..........

thanks for the offer, i'll keep you in mind. God willing, I'll live long enough to go to all the places on my list. After we return from hawaii, we hit seattle, as our oldest is having a baby--that will kill my vacation days for this year.

Here I thought you were a lost sole, Hawaii, Seattle,.............hell man, your not lost at all.............and a Grand Father too..........Offer is a standing one, I offer for people to come here, but no one does...................I do take showers....................

thanks for the offer, i'll keep you in mind. God willing, I'll live long enough to go to all the places on my list. After we return from hawaii, we hit seattle, as our oldest is having a baby--that will kill my vacation days for this year.

Here I thought you were a lost sole, Hawaii, Seattle,.............hell man, your not lost at all.............and a Grand Father too..........Offer is a standing one, I offer for people to come here, but no one does...................I do take showers....................

maybe it's because you're on the computer at such odd hours. It's 12:15 here on the west coast and i'm wondering what i'm doing still up.

this will be our second grandchild--the first grandchild and her parents live with us. got to admit, it sure is nice seeing a smiling face of a beautiful one-year old when i walk in the door after work. when the parents decide to move out, i think i'll have them leave the kid behind.

OB....I know you are sleeping by now after surfing the forum til 3:15 am. You folks have been on the news quite a lot with your weather conditions and having little experience with such conditions a few questions come to mind. I assume you don't have heat pumps lke a lot of do down this way so that means gas or oil. Can the delivery trucks get out for refills? How much fuel do you go through in a month? What about snow loads on roofs and danger of cave ins? Can you get your kids to school? Do you get extreme cabin fever? I am being serious...I am curious about these questions. I know I have filled the lp gas tank twice in the last eight weeks to the tune of $643 first time and $550 the second and thats a lot of money to me....your heating bills must be though the roof.

Hope the weather improves for you guys soon. If it gets to be too much....come on down for a visit....I promise I won't try to get you to eat grits though I did cook up a big pot of shrimp and grits for dinner last night. It may get to 55 degrees here today and the sun is out....I may brave the elements and go over to watch Bluesboy build Spongeworthys center channel.

Stay warm.

Chuck

Nah, 3:15 am I just got up............I don't sleep well at all, many reasons, but let me try to answer your questions............No heat pumps, Fuel oil, to be honest we switched to the budget plan a couple of years ago, locked in price, automatic deliveries, I figure around $1,000. for fuel oil, on top of that, I put a gas insert in my fireplace, smart move on my part, we lose the power alot, to keep warm and keep the pipes from freezing, probably another $400, so, total is around $1,400................Hey Bud, what are you gonna' do, you gotta' pay.............The roof, when it gets bad, up on the roof and shovel, two reasons, weight, and ice build up under the snow..................My kids are grown, not in the school system, but that was never a problem, they make sure school bus routes are open..................Cabin fever, sometimes.........but, it's life in the Northeast, if you choose to live here, this happens. I don't like wood for heat, I would have to buy it, so what's the point of all the work, when in the end it costs you............plus it can be dangerous.....Funny thing is the snow doesn't bother me, it's the damn cold, and the wind chill..........We have about 4 feet of snow here, but please remember, I'm on the Eastern side of the state.................it's the western side with 8,9 10 feet of snow.................but, it is still damn cold here....Thanks for the offer...I'll be fine, springs coming..........problem is, I Love It Here.........a couple of bad months is worth it to me to live here...........

Thanks for the info OB....I guess I am just a warm weather person and thats probably because I have always lived in the south. I remember the big blizzard[:)] of 1989 when we got 18" and the whole city was paralyzed for days. Four wheel drive folks were asked to volunteer to get nurses to the hospital for their shifts. It was wild. I don't think New Hanover County got a road grader till 1972!

I guess with the cabin fever at least you have time to listen to a lot of r&r....EH!!!

Offer stands....

Chuck