Proposed tube setup - what do you think?

stick

Hi Everyone,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have been looking to put together a modest tube system and dusting off some old vinyl. I do not think that buying vintage is right for me at this time, nor is buying a kit or tweaking a Dynaco.

I am considering the purchase of the following:

- Quicksilver Mini-Mite Mono Amps
- Bellari VP129 Tube Phono Preamp
- Technics SL1200 Turntable
- Klipsch RB-61

I would be interested in your thoughts or recommended alternatives.

Thanks,

Stick

Yeah--this looks like something desinged to be run through a line stage preamp. Maybe it would work--it DOES have an itty bitty volume control knob on it!

But I wouldn't get my heart set on it SOUNDING worth a damn! But you could always give it a try and then look for a line stage preamp to go with it.

Very Interesting, as I reply, things might change as I write, but as I am writing this...

We have responses from, in order...

Audio Flynn, a 7 yr forum member with 3,750 posts.

DeanG, 7 years with 13,500 posts.

NOSValves, 6 years with 12,000 posts.

Allan Songer, 6 yrs with 5.900 posts

p.dow, 1 year with 20 posts

mdeneen, 6 years with 6,200 posts

In my opinion, that's an ideal thread. A new guy comes in, asks a question about a proposed set up, and gets multiple replies about said system, each one approaching one or another part of said system that might or might not work quite right, but has suggestions to look at. I want to make a company that sells all this information, but Nooooooo.... Klipsch want's to make it all free exchange between the folk in the the forum. I blame it on Amy. It's the lobes, I know it is. [:P] Hope you're feeling fine.

"but Nooooooo.... Klipsch want's to make it all free exchange between the folk in the the forum. I blame it on Amy. It's the lobes, I know it is. Stick out tongue Hope you're feeling fine."

Don't understand this comment.....read the thread...still not getting it.

I stayed out of this thread since I have stuff on ebay as well as posting here at a far lower cost related to the question.   No sense jumping in and confusing the issue.  

There are uncountable possible combinations.  Vintage used started projects to independently manufactured and customized.  Any of which, if your not initially satisfied, if you throw enough time or money at, will work out fine.