Receiver Recommendation

UFC07

Not a stupid question at all.

You are correct about the connection not being a speaker wire. You will need a RCA wire from the LMC-1 7.1 channel output to the corresponding connection on this, http://emotiva.com/expandedpages/lpa1expanded.html. The LPA-1 is the amp and from this you will run your speaker wire to the actual speakers. How that this clears it up for you.

James

Thanks James, it all makes sense now.

Now I just need to make the hard choice of what to spend my money on.

The Emo UL set is really nice,but....if I were not really familiar with a variety of gear and capabiltiy I don't know if it would be my first choice.The 2807 will have more features,and generally be better for those with limited experience,imo.Having said that,the Emo UL will leave it in the dust for sound and has a good feature set also.The UL is a great set but those that buy should be able to understand its benefit and shortcomings,the 2807 has only one real shortcoming,it don't sound like the UL set.

I guess what it comes down to is that I would want to get the best sound out of my speakers within a budget and the Emo UL probably can provide that. Granted it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the 2807, some of which are probably great and many of which I would never use. The only downside I see with the Emo UL is setting it up and adjusting the settings to match my speakers to maximize their potential, though to be honest I probably be happy even if didn't have the settings perfect. Once everything is set up, I just want to be able to turn on my tv and not have to mess around with a whole bunch of settings on the audio side, once I have it set up and I like what I hear I want to leave it like that.

I guess the next few weeks I will have to decide which I am going to purchase, thanks for all the help.

yes, its that simple...Emotiva provide all the wiring diagrams you need and if you get stuck, just come here and ask.

To be honest, all the "bells and whistles" can be nothing more than confusing anyway and really, who actually uses more than a few of them.

As Fish said, this thing will kill any receiver even close to its price.

let us know how you fair

Chris

yes, its that simple...Emotiva provide all the wiring diagrams you need and if you get stuck, just come here and ask.

To be honest, all the "bells and whistles" can be nothing more than confusing anyway and really, who actually uses more than a few of them.

As Fish said, this thing will kill any receiver even close to its price.

let us know how you fair

Chris

Thanks Chris, I was looking at the manuals online and it seems like I can manage to hook it up. I think I am going to go ahead and buy it and just not hook it up until I move into my new place with my current speakers. Looks like this summer it will be time to go speaker shopping, I just hope that where ever I live its big enough to handle the RF-82's.

Yeah its going to be a tough wait, but with me moving to a new place and trying not to strain the budget too much I will have to put it off until at least June. My current speakers will do just fine for now. Any good places online to buy RCA cables to connect from the amp to the processor?

Any good places online to buy RCA cables to connect from the amp to the processor?

Monoprice.com. has really nice stuff for cheap. I was very happy with the Toslink cable I got from them, as well as the banana plugs. I'll be ordering their speaker cable when it's back in stock for wiring the HT, as well as some interconnects.

I went to a local B&M HT store, and they had a Toslink cable, 1meter, frickin' $97! I laughed at the guy, and told him he was nuts. "Oh, but this is much better than anything else you can buy." And he said it with a straight face. What a salesman. I'm surprised he didn't pull out the K-Y, he was so eager to rape me. It's not like this is going to be carrying a huge amount of data, I mean this isn't exactly backbone fiber for a LAN.

I couldn't resist and placed my order last night. I wasn't sure how much longer the free shipping would last so decided might as well buy it now instead of potentially pay more later. On top of it my roommate is going to help hook it up so it won't be as bad doing it by myself. This weekend I am going to get another HDMI cable and some RCA's so I am all set come next week. I will try to post pictures if I can and keep you guys updated on how it sounds.

Once again thanks for all the help.

Shane

LMC-1 & LPA-1 arrived today, my roommate and I hooked it up (took about 90 minutes) but am having issues with the HDMI switcher right now. If we hooked up the cable box directly to the tv things are fine, but running it through the switcher no picture. Guess have to call Emotiva after work tomorrow and get this issue fixed. Also had an issue of a loud hum coming out of all the speakers, get solved that switching some plugs around.

I hope to have some pictures once things are up and running which should be tomorrow.