Well, I decided to get a Klipsch system. Now what do I buy?

tdruml1

I always wanted a good home theater system, but I never put
forth my best effort into getting it until now. Through my work I can get
a good deal on some Klipsch speakers, and after reading numerous reviews ... it
is a no-brainer. Klipsch = listening
heaven! However, I am having a hard time deciding which ones to buy. I am debating on whether to go with the high
end Synergy or basic Reference series.

I have narrowed it down to two speakers for each category
(except the sub, going with the RW12d).
For the floorstanders, I was thinking either the RF-82 or the F-3. For the center, I was going to get the RC-52
or the C-3. Finally, I could choose the
RS-42 or the S-3 for the surround.

From what most people are saying, its like a flip of the
coin. I would think the Reference would
be the way to go, but then I have to worry about the receiver. I was going to buy the Yamaha HTR-6090, but
if I go with Reference, their delicate nature might not be good with that
receiver. Basically, I want to spend
some money, but since I have no idea of what is good/average/no-so-good, I dont
want to get something that I will regret.
If anyone has any input on this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

When I purchased my RF-7's I was running an average Denon stereo receiver knowing darned well it would sound just OK, and one day I will have a cream of the crop monster amp. So for me it's just one step at a time and don't get in any hurry, at least I have one heck of a fine set of stereo speakers to begin with.

Good luck and enjoy whatever you end up with.

Tdrum1,

either system will work great with the Yamaha receiver! The bottom line is how much can You afford to spend on a system. Both systems would give you a thrill. A way to choose would be -who is closer Ref or Synergy dealer.......... Either way will provide you with an excellent system.

I would say buy which ever sounds better to you. That is the real question, as long as your happy with it then run out and get it. As far as the receiver, the Yamaha will be fine. Some people say Yamaha's are bright and some like them. Just buy the best equipment that you can and the upgrade bug will bit, yes it will bit you hard.

Good luck,

James

When I purchased my RF-7's I was running an average Denon stereo receiver knowing darned well it would sound just OK, and one day I will have a cream of the crop monster amp. So for me it's just one step at a time and don't get in any hurry, at least I have one heck of a fine set of stereo speakers to begin with.

Good advice & let me add, if you like & enjoy your speakers you're likely to own them years longer than electronics so I would buy the best spks I could afford now & add better electronics when money allows. btw used electronics can be a great value.

Good advice & let me add, if you like & enjoy your speakers you're likely to own them years longer than electronics so I would buy the best spks I could afford now & add better electronics when money allows. btw used electronics can be a great value.

Used electronics can be great, check out harmanaudio.com. They carry refurb or cosmetically damaged HK gear for half price. The HTR-6090 is a great reciever; though, the HMDI upscaling, HDMI(480p) Up-conversion and YPAO are great features.
BTW: The Yamaha would work great with either the Reference or Synergy, the Reference is not more 'delicate.'  Also, I may be wrong, but Ithink all the reference stuff is made in the good old USA.

Hi all, I second or third the buy the best speakers you can afford idea, they are the most crucial part of your system.

As of note, only the RF83 and RC64 are made in the USA, all other REF series are made overseas. However, I own the RC62(not for much longer, upgrade to 64 imminent..lol) and can say that the build quality and sound is top notch with no corners cut.

Enjoy! and send us pics and comments...

Chris.

I forgot to add, if you are looking to spend around a grand for a reciever you may look at a pre/pro and amp set-up. It is not hard to find a good 2 channel amp for the mains and use the reciever for the rest of the speakers until you can afford more amps. If you go this route you can save money on a reciever by buying one that has good pre-outs and maybe less power. Rotel and Sunfire are two companies that make good amps, check Ebay.