Meagain's at it again

Parrot

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think PWK would have sold that version nor do I think he would have bundled the 402 horn with the LF bin either. I think he would have produced the "Valerie" version. I would have to take it (the 402) over that other ugly thing anyway if I had to have me a pair.

actually no.....paul didn't like that version, he wanted the horn naked......but that's only if.......you know.........you're into facts......we now return you to poo poo parrotland........

Is it better to sell a "bastardized" version or no version? That is the question and those stepping forward with their wallets are answering it. Is it a prudent decision? I will offer my opinion when I have heard them. For now and I suspect in the future, my 78's bring me joy while listening and I enjoy their beauty.

have a blessed day,

BOY!

Well then, thank God PWK didn't get to make that call cause that naked horn is FUGLY (I assume you meant the one he posed with.) In that case, I would have had no interest or would have been begging for a 402 instead. The 402/LF at least looks like a system where that other horn looks like something someone found at a yard sale and stuck on top of their speaker.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though.

or the "friend" eye!!

the picture didn't do it justice......it was going to have brass brackets......the driver was going to be tricked out.....and i really thought it looked nice....but you wanted ultimate performance.........there's no substitute to big horns, delay, active filtering, and some nice tunes......like ruben and jets.....

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

"Frankly, the 402 implementation looks far better to me than the funky horn Paul posed with. "

Didn't somebody (Trey maybe??) a few years ago say that was just a pretty show horn that wasn't functional?

I asked Jim Dickinson about that and he acted like where did I get that idea from? Jim said PWK had three Jubilees like that that were fully functional and he used them in a presentation, but I don't remember where he said the presentation was.

poo poo,

i got the other missing piece to your half truth, if you are interested? it ain't pretty.......

yep three fully functional jubs.....yep at a show....ces...but...oh no.....

THEY WERE UGLY BLACK FIBERGLASS HORNS........TA TA TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

didn't get the wood horns till later and never were able to get three of the same horn from the same vendors who tried to sample it.....and those were shown but as one off's.

have a blessed day,

roy "the bad cowboy is on duty" delgado

But lets be consistent when wanting to refer back to facts and particularly careful when trying to use PWK's name and declaring what was in his mind or his intent or what the future would have been if his intent had actually been brought to fruition. -A-

actually i don't have to be anything.....i have had the distinct honor of working with paul and i worked very closely with him for about 15 years. i know what to say and what not say to try, in my oh so feeble attempt to portray paul as a man that was always on the quest, so quit trying to save me from myself....okay? and here's my smiley face....[:)] -Boy (Be it bobcaw boy, bad cowboy, or attaboy)

I am not interested in saving anyone from anything. I did not address you personally in my post. There are lots of folks in this thread trying to say what Paul wanted. There are lots of folks who have stated a fact and then attempt to make the interpretation of that fact (which is an opinion) also a fact.

i guess what he told me doesn't count......or what we worked on together and THE goal on what he wanted....or that it has been his life'S ambition to take the khorn back to 2 way.....

Where did I dispute any of this?!

you kidding, right?,..,...okay where's the camera?...another smiley face....[:)]

Please point to a post where I did.

I don't think anyone should be putting words in his mouth

and that's YOUR OPINION.......

Hence the use of the word think.

BOY!

Be insulted if you like (I hope its another one of your attempts at humor) but I didn't choose your forum name - you did. I meant no offense by it if and when I did do so and frequently shorten names.

but if you remember, a long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.....no wait, in a thread far far away, as you were putting me in my place....as i recall, you didn't mean BOY! in a nice way...and i couldn't sleep at all that night......i know you don't care....but i wanted you to know that just as well.....please...i need a moment......

Now don't go getting emotional on me (I never bought into that sensitive male nonsense) and they have pills for insomnia. Putting you in your place... hmmm, you must have done something stupid. [^o)] I have no idea what you are talking about but would appreciate it if you PM me and tell me where to find it. Perhaps its a misunderstanding, perhaps not.

I'm digging it [Y] Just for perspective - are those 15's or 18's on the bass bins?

Besides, it really don't matter how ugly it is when you dim down the lights, sit back, relax and close your eyes...

Doc those are 15 JBLs in JBL cabs.

Truth be told, I love the way big speakers especially big uncovered horns look in the home. I think that Parrot has this isssue all mixed up. Celebrate your big ole horns for what they are.

I'm digging it [Y] Just for perspective - are those 15's or 18's on the bass bins?

Besides, it really don't matter how ugly it is when you dim down the lights, sit back, relax and close your eyes...

doc,

if you have to be told.....geesh....go to your room!

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

but...but....I am in my room!

*bows head in shame*

Truth be told, I love the way big speakers especially big uncovered horns look in the home. I think that Parrot has this isssue all mixed up. Celebrate your big ole horns for what they are.

I love how they sound too...

doc,

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

*bows head in shame*

well.....then.....go into a girl's room! (and play cards of course)

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

So... the 402 looks like it is 4 ft tall... what does the 501 look like? Is it the same width as the LF? How tall?

Could the opening be covered in cloth? Stick a couple magnets or velcro on it and stretch cloth across the opening. Would almost look like a finished speaker. Industrial, but finished.

are we still talking about sound in this thread?

doc,

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

*bows head in shame*

well.....then.....go into a girl's room! (and play cards of course)

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Got any daughters? [:o] I'm not very good at cards but I'm sure they can show me....[:P]

are we still talking about sound in this thread?

Heck if I know...time to go throw on some tunes.

THEY WERE UGLY BLACK FIBERGLASS HORNS........TA TA TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

All right! Finally, some useful info. But you know what? They weren't 402s, were they? And I wasn't even there. Were they like the one Miss Valerie has in her home?

i got the other missing piece to your half truth, if you are interested? it ain't pretty.......

didn't get the wood horns till later and never were able to get three of the same horn from the same vendors who tried to sample it.....and those were shown but as one off's.

have a blessed day,

roy "the bad cowboy is on duty" delgado

In January 2001, this was posted here:

Klipsch showed off 14 new products at CES. I just

got back and I thought this would have already gotten all over this

site. I'm amazed I seem to be the first one posting the great tidings.

Some of this stuff is to drool about - new "Legend size" RF-7s ($2200)

(remember reading rumors of new speakers with "some of the slam and

emotion of the Legends with the detail and refinement of reference" -

could this possibly be it??), matching RS-7 ($800) surround and RC-7

center ($800), RF-5s ($1400), RB-3 ($650), three new reference subs -

RSW-10 ($1000) and 12 ($1300) and RSW-15 ($1700), an insane 15"

behemoth model that I wanted to take home that moment, if only I had a

crane to lift it (I believe it was mentioned that this unit could do

20Hz at 125 decibels with ease, but we need to confirm), new ProMedias

(2.1s and 4.1s), new all-weather speaker and a silver colored Quintet.

NOTE: all the prices are TARGET (not the discount store) US MSRP.

The

RF-7s in the blond maple and in cherry looked amazing. Would have loved

to have heard them in a listening room (even more, would have loved to

have compared them side by side with some KLF-30s!)

I hope I didn't get any detail wrong - I'm just trying to give you all the gist of it.

There

were no listening rooms, so I could only hear these on the open

showroom - and as best as you can tell in such a situation, they

sounded da%#$ed good!

Bad news - unfortunately, they won't be

available until May. Another thing - most come in three great new wood

veneers - cherry, a blond maple, and a new black cedar. All looked

great.

Even more (I'm excited just writing this - and it's 2am!)

I got to meet Paul Klipsch, and got an autographed picture of him

standing next to the NEW KLIPSCHORN JUBILEE! Beautiful unit, 12 to 17K

estimated, wood horn tweeter. Sounds like the design is complete and

they're just working on how to manufacture such an amazing and

intricate piece.

Also got to meet Bob G., Phil H, and best of

all, Trey Cannon, who was truly as nice and enthusiastic in person as

he is when you call or email him at Klipsch. In fact, all the Klipsch

people at the booth were very enthusiastic about talking about all

their new (and old) products, and were one of the friendliest booths

there.

All, in all, I was really startled by the number of new

products, and getting to see Paul W. live and see a picture of his new

masterpiece was an unbelievable treat.

I need to get to sleep

(long drive from Vegas to L.A., and I need to work tomorrow), but let

me know if you have any more questions. I'm sure some other people who

went to the show must have some impressions to share, too.

I have

simple desires - load me a truck with some RF-7s in cherry (although I

won't send the truck away if they're the blond maple!), 4 RS-7s (or

maybe a second RF-7 pair and some RS-7s) and an RC-7, a couple of the

RSW-15s (which could possibly set off the "big one" quake they've been

predicting in California), five SA-3 all-weathers (why should the

bathroom not be 5 channel too?), and of course, a pair of Klipschorn

Jubilees in another truck once they're ready. Simple needs, I say.

thanks, all

GeorgeC

George emphasizes a wooden horn. So what gives?