Audioslave is no more !

sunburnwilly

OB, while I prefer Chris Cornell's voice to VR's frontman, I take Scott's voice over Axel's anyday.

Unless you have some new information (or interviews) from the last three weeks, here is a posting on a VR fan site alluding to an interview with VR's current drummer (formerly of G'nR). I think VR is still together and will tour upcoming:

"Henry Trappler of Celebrities.com caught up with VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES drummer Matt Sorum, who talked about his current and upcoming activities. Sorum said the new VELVET REVOLVER album should be completed by the end of February. The band will then go on a South American tour with AEROSMITH in April, to be followed by a U.S. theater tour in May and European dates in June. The drummer was then asked about his previous band, GUNS N' ROSES. Sorum revealed that he hasn't seen the new GN'R lineup perform live and he stated that it would be "strange" seeing Axl Rose and a bunch of new guys playing under the GUNS N' ROSES banner. He also spoke of the time he ran into Axl Rose in New York last year. Watch video footage from Lulop.com.

VELVET REVOLVER is recording its second album, tentatively titled "Libertad", with producer Brendan O'Brien, who's worked with AUDIOSLAVE, PEARL JAM and singer Scott Weiland's former group, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS. An initial stint with producer Rick Rubin did not work out.

VELVET REVOLVER hopes to release "Libertad" in late April or early May. Weiland is also working on his second solo album, which he said will surface sometime in 2008 on his own label, Softdrive Records."

To properly source the quote, please see the following link: http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=24392.0

Carl.

Good news re: VR. Too bad about no Rubin. I love the sound he puts together. It tends to be BIG.

I got an email at 5am the other day. It was from the audioslave fan club saying it was over. I was very very upset of this news. On the flip side there may be a chance of RATM getting back together after their "one time show" later this year. I'm sure CC will do well whatever he does, and I'll buy any album either side puts out.

oh yeah and VR sux. :)

Sunburns comments on Bethany reminds me of another band I really like/liked who has a prick singer! I went to see the High Watts featuring Kevin Martin from Candlebox and he still has chops but his arrogant attitude about signing his CD I just purchased at the show really turned me off! I was tempted to tell him he should have never left the very talented band he was in for his big head, he's the Bernie Ebbers of rock-n-roll[:@] LOL

Never saw them live, never wanted to, but Use your Illusion 1, and 2 ,Axl did some singing, great vocal range, never said he was Mr. Nice Guy, but the Lad could sing..................One great album, instead of two so-so albums................

They rocked once Axl decided to come out and bless us with his presence. One of the times I saw them in Chicago was the show after the St. Louis incident when I believe there was actually a warrant out for his arrest. He bitched more than he sang that night, but it was one of those disasters you are glad to be at. Slash was always my favorite anyway. I hear Axl is up to his same old tricks on the last tour. Making his fans wait 2 hours for him come out after the opening act.