My new Cornwall with the K53-K

lorcoll

Lorenzo,

Best combination would be up for discussion.  I would probably go for B2 + K51V + CT125.

In any case, where are you going to get the K-600 horns that you would need for any one of the other midrange drivers other than the one you have?

Bob

BS,

I hear the K55-M in my Khorn (with K400).

The K53 is in the Cornwall.

Bob, if the best Cornwalls are with the B2 + K55-V + K77 (alnico), I can swap the components from my Heresys (building a B2) and compare the two combos.

That explains a lot: you would be hard pressed to show the same midrange in a 600hz horn vs. a 400hz horn. Hold on to your B-3's with a cap upgrade. There are many here that prefer it to the B. Not sure about the B-2? Bob, could you splain the difference? And splain, splain for our friend in Italy?

BS

Todd,

I think that Klipsch meant the B-3 to be used with the 1.5 inch Hepner style midrange drivers.  With the large number of different drivers used in the late Cornwall 1s, that may not hold up in every case.  Not sure I have seen every case yet.  The B-2 was supposed to be an improved crossover to be used with the 2 inch drivers, the K-55V and K-51V as far as I can tell.

Bob

I think that Klipsch meant the B-3 to be used with the 1.5 inch Hepner style midrange drivers.

That's what I think too. I don't think the B3 should be used with any of the 2" VC drivers (K-55-V, K-51-V, K-55-M)

There are many here that prefer it to the B ...

I'm sorry Todd, but you can't count yourself more than once.:)

Today I have modified only one Cornwall like a Cornscala:

- K55-V (spring terminal) with Cobraflex horn

- Type B network modified only with the 7uf cap (I mod a Type E for this)

Surprisingly the stock Cornwall (with the B3 and K53-K) sounds better.

I have another pair of Cornscala that use a midrange-tweeter section like the AK2 and them sound better than the modified Cornwall.

A few time ago I have sold a pair of Khorn with the AA network and now I stay with an AK2 Khorn.

All that seem indicate that, for my taste, I prefer better the era of AK2, AK3 or B2- B3 than the A, AA (in Khorn) or B (in Cornwall).

So, I'll try a modified pair of B3 (without the 2.5mH inductor in the midrange and with the known 7uf cap) with the K55-V. I think that them will sound better than the modified B.

I think that Klipsch meant the B-3 to be used with the 1.5 inch Hepner style midrange drivers.

That's what I think too. I don't think the B3 should be used with any of the 2" VC drivers (K-55-V, K-51-V, K-55-M)

There are many here that prefer it to the B ...

I'm sorry Todd, but you can't count yourself more than once.:)

Including you Dean, as I recall. That makes two, anyway.