UPS lost my Amp chassis!

JetJockey

I'm happy to hear that you recieved it.

But this "What brown can do to screw you...."

Hmmm...

Granted they have their faults, but for the volume of poorly packed stuff they routinely process, they do remarkably well.

And as as far as Pennsylvania and New York are concerned this past week or so...you don't think the weather might have had an impact, do you?

I might suggest raising your sights and hence your target a bit higher. [;)]

Thanks guys, hey Mas....if it was weather related why after several calls over 2 days they said it was lost, not delayed due to weather.

I take it you or someone close work for them, I know the feeling , my airline gets bashed all the time.

Buckster, how are ya? I'm close to NY state, across the border in Waterloo, Ontario.

I don't work for them, but I worked there during college and dealt with the abuse by both the gestapo method of 'management by yelling and issuing threats' and the abuse by the Teamsters which is nothing but a protection racket.

And when you call them you are talking with some clerk in a call center looking at a computer screen which is for the most part the same one you can look at at any time to track the progress of your package. They are not psychic, nor do they personally hand carry your package.

And working for an airline, which as an industry does FAR worse than any major package carrier (who also depend in large measure on air traffic), one would think there might be a little more understanding of the process. Oh, and when was the last time anyone in an airline call center had any idea where a late or delayed plane was, let alone a package or piece of luggage? Do they have special bar codes for sitting on a runway for 9-11 hours without one being let out at a gate? Or a special code when a connecting flight is a bit late and you get on the next flight but your bag doesn't? But you mean the clerk at the call center is not intimate with whatever issue you may encounter? I will assume that you will get right on that! [;)]

I just figured that you might be more understanding of the complexity of the issue at hand. [;)]

Hope it shows up soon...

Waterloo,Ontario.....................doesn't make you a bad guy.................EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad it will turn out alright for you........atleast when you contacted them they came out and said it was lost..............better than jerking you around............Enjoy your new amp..............

"and the abuse by the Teamsters which is nothing but a protection racket."

Damn right it's a protection racket! Today's working people need all the protection they can get from selfish, heartless, money/power grabbing upper managements making close to 300 times (three hundred) the money than the people who do the actual work. Why are firms like Wal-Mart so afraid and therefore so violently against unions? For starters, it would give their workers dignity and thus lessen their control and intimidation leverage. This is the short story, not the novel involving perks and protected pensions, tax advantaged compensation, etc...