RF-7 vs RF-82

alliclaytor

Hey, New to the forum...I auditioned the 82's and they sounded great. Great price too. But I am wondering if the Rf-7's may be a better option and nobody around here has any to listen to. I want a set of speakers I can keep and be happy with and fill any sized room I put them in. The 82's were lacking in the bottom for me, but I plan on putting a sub with them later. The problem is do I want to spend the extra 500-600 for the rf-7. can anybody shed some light on if it may be worth it?

Hi there and Welcome to the forum.

The 82' and RF7 are not in the same leauge, the RF7 was replaced by the RF83 in the new lineup. The 82 is a great speaker but will never fill the shoes of an RF7 with two 10" drivers.

The RF7 is also known to be quite shrill on the high notes, the new series is more laid back. There is a mod thats available for the X-over that I believe Dean G does, some other more Knowledgeable RF7 owners will have alot more to add.