Best amp and pre-amp?

Kain

I have to recommend Emotiva, I received my new amp (Mps1) last Wed. and have now put about 35 hours on it so its really starting to open up, the difference from when I first got it is staggering. Yes, I too thought all this burn in stuff was hocus pocus but its totally true. I made some comments earlier about Michael Buble' CD sounding like garbage and now have to take it back, ok, its far from perfect but it now sounds quite fantastic. The difference in sound from a few days ago is like night and day.

The build quality is exceptional with excellent components being used. Not that i know much about electronic components but the guys at Secrets of HT and Audioholics certainly do and they think its first rate stuff. Links here:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_13_1/emotiva-dmc1-ssp-mps1-amp-3-2006-part-1.html

http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/avhardware/emotivaMPS1p1.php

Products available go from small monoblocs to Pro grade HT stuff and also a new 2 channel amp for you 2 channel only guys. Also of note is that you purchase the MPS1 with anywhere from 2 to 7 channels and add more channels later if you wish.

Suffice for me to say that both music and HT sound really excellent, its a huge improvement over my Yamaha RX-V2500 which is now being used as a pre/pro untill I order my new Emotiva Pre/Pro later on.

The very best thing about these products is the value for money is exceptional. I should add that I have no connection what so ever with this company, just very pleased with such an excellent product and think they deserve your consideration.

http://emotiva.com/

They are about 1/2 the price and sound just about as good,maybe even better build than Rotel or lower end Parasound.The cheapest amp,the lpa1 weighs 63 lbs naked,20 lbs more than the Rotel 1075 or the Parasound.1205a.

I would like to hear the Emotiva products. I sure like my Outlaw Audio separates. Probably hard to beat either in bang for buck performance.

I had the 990/7125 combo,a very nice set indeed.The lpa1 is at least as good as the 7125 at 1/2 the cost.The 990 beats the lmc1 by a nose for sound,but is very close.The 990 has a few feature advantages but the lmc1 does have a good feature or two the 990 don't.Both are stellar at the price they're in.

Thanks Fish

I'm not in the mood yet to move away from my Outlaw, especially the 990. At some point i'll probably replace the 7500 with more QSC, I really like the musicality of the QSC. Isn't the Emotiva amp the one you buy by the channel? If so that seems like a novel way to purchase.

Hi Arky, yes the MPS1 is bought by the channel, not sure about the other amps. You can start with 2 or 3 channels and add more as budget allows all the way to 7 channels which will be nice when the HD Disc stuff start putting out true 7 channel discrete lossless pcm, supposed to be an exact copy of the master soundtrack, now that I can't wait to hear[:D]

I've owned and tested many and so far McIntosh is hard to beat but costly.

They do have a new 5 channel amp (MC-205) and new line of processors (old processor with jazzed power supply, audio tweaks and HDMI switching).

If you are in the Maryland area I have some demo gear that we can chat about...

Regards,

Mike