Center Channel Selection

Felix Terrazas

Greetings to all,

This is my first time to this forum. I was hoping that someone might be able to help in making a quick decision. I am relatively new to the home theather experience. I presently have RB-15's as my mains and a paradigm cinema center with bose dual cubes(?) as my rear surrounds . Was thinking about upgrading to a RC-10 or an RC-25. Are there any real appreciable differences to consider? I have a small living room(NYC) and was also wondering if it would be overkill on the 25's.

I have also just ordered a set of Canare 4S11 bi-wire speaker cables and am hoping that there is a noticable difference in sound. So should that be a consideration when making my decision?

Any thoughts?

Felix

Hello again to all.

I've noticed that nearly 60 individuals have read my posting, but unfortunately I have no reponse. I am thinking that I maybe set up something wrong with my information and I am not receiving the responses. If you have replied, I very much appreciate your time. Would you mind forwarding your response again. Thanks again for everyone's help.

Felix

Your decision is whether to ditch the paradigm center and go with rc-10 or 25? This is a no brainer. A matching center is very important. I doubt the 25 would be overkill, however IMHO it has to get pretty drastic for overkill. Always go better if you can afford it, get the 25. Things move more slowly here in the HT section as far as responses go btw.

Hi Felix Welcome to the forum.

My opinion is to buy the best center speaker in the series line you can afford. The center channel is vital as it carries the bulk of the information, specifically in dvd movies. I own the RC-7 & have not heard either of the spks you list.

Hi Felix Welcome to the forum.

My opinion is to buy the best center speaker in the series line you can afford. The center channel is vital as it carries the bulk of the information, specifically in dvd movies. I own the RC-7 & have not heard either of the spks you list.

I totally agree with the above statement. Your center channel and subwoofer are the 2 most important speakers in your HT. Get the best you can afford.

Since 80% of your output generally comes from your center, don't skimp on this main unit. The RC64's are amazing, crystal clear dialog and dynamic. These are big speakers but if you can add one to your system, you will have no regrets later.

Good luck!

Felix,

My wife was amazed at how friendly we are down here in the South. She moved down here from NY and it took her quite a while to trust our good nature and hospitality. If I am in Austin again, I may give you a look up. The offer stands for Houston too!

P.S. Please visit Audio Video Interiors and share my family's excitment over our home theater publication.

Hi Felix,

I haven't been on this forum much as I spend too much time on AVS fourm. I'd like to add that Klipsch over the years has made some nice very small speakers that could perhaps replace the "cubes". Then you would have an all Klipsch speaker system which would have to sound better.

BTW, I'm from Massachusetts. A friend of mine just came from Austin TX and he offered me a field service job out there, but I would be on my own out there. I've lived in Mass my whole 53 years.I'm sure I'd get homesick.

He did say it's great city however. Sounds like you guys all like it.