Roc is really PISSED

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....we'll it's now the next day.

This is a little bit more complex than stereo. Gee....a lot of wiring prep and plugging in this and plugging in that.

OK....the amp. and controller are in place and wired right, I hope. Now I begin the "tuning" part. That takes about three minutes right?

Most things are working. I enjoyed connecting the speaker wires to the amplifier the most. The sound seems really big. I've got a lot of listening and adjusting to do, I can tell. Boy, this is not stereo at all. Stereo with a sub was interesting enough but this is......"...a step beyond."

I am begining to smile a bit......but on to more adjusting for now.

James Brown is currently playing.

pics are coming....pics are coming.....pics are coming.

I am in the clean-up phase now. Lots of speaker wire remnants, stripped wire insulation, bare wire, tape??, packing material, inter-connects, to clean-up or throw out.

pics are coming soon.

I will say that it is quite a BIG sound to hear. The sound is so strong that I can't get above 2 watts on the wattage meters. Man that JL Audio f113 really really moves some air.

Yes, I have placed a candle in front of it and YES, YES, YES, the f113 blows out the candle with plenty of blow to spare. Now I need to see if it will put out the fire in my fireplace.

This music room is beginning to look OK. The plan began to take shape Nov./Dec. It is now March and I am almost done.

The two things I enjoyed the most was wiring my speaker wires to my 7.1 amp. & putting a nice coat of lemon oil on my oiled walnut speakers.

pics are coming soon.

Click on the "options" tab clear at the top of the reply dialog box, click on Add/Save, use Browse to find it on your computer, and click "save". Click on the "compose" tab to finish your post and then post.

Note: you apparently don't get to see the pic until the message etc. is posted. If you go back to edit, you have to remove and save it all over again.

NOW: be sure to size it down to about 600-650 pixels width. Use your compression option to reduce/keep file size to about 100-150 kb at the most. On the other hand, 25 kb is too small and will pixelate (?right term?) it.

Larry