Roc is really PISSED

Hope and pray that this story doesn't happen to you.

" It started on January 18, 2007. After much deliberation I placed an order with what I thought was my friendly McIntosh dealer for an MC207 & MX120. My credit card was charged for this sale on January 18 because the dealer said that he needed payment in advance. I questioned this but still paid the price. This sale had a list price of $14,800. Well, it is now March 1 and I still don't have my equipment. I have been in touch with McIntosh factory numerous times and also some other local McIntosh dealers as well. The other dealers say that if I had ordered from them I would already have my equipment. McIntosh says that the delay is not being caused by them. My dealer keeps saying "it will ship soon." "it will ship soon." "it will ship soon."

What's a poor boy to do? I could pull the order but how is that helping me to get my equipment? The dealer did give me an attractive discount on the order and I have bought from him before with no problems like this. It's sort of like waiting for godot.

Thank you for letting me vent my frustration here.

Advice: Don't buy anything from the McIntosh dealer located in New Castle, DE.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Experience suggests to me that your dealer may be on credit hold with the manufacturer. This tends to be an on again off again kind of thing based on the books until a shop goes out of business. My advice would be to get out before they go under...

hmmm..paying in advance the fullprice is not good business in my book. A good deposit would seem to me to be the norm from my business dealings. I would ask for my card to be credited back and go to another dealer. Going on 3 months is to long, besides if you had that money in a decent savings account or short term cd you would be making a little bit of interest instead of the dealer.

good luck

scooter

That's WAAAAYYYYY too much money floating around for this lick and a promise "soon" same old song and dance.

Lean on that dealer and lean hard one more time. Draw the line.

Sounds like he hasn't even placed the order yet if McIntosh is saying no hold up at their end.

Hmm... Lick And A Promise. Same Old Song And Dance. Draw The Line.

Give that dealer some HARD ROC, Roc!

not to worry. All is well (I think) in Roc Land.

Just got an email from the dealer that the equipment is in. I am trying to arrange to pick it up tonight in Delaware. (no sales tax, you know.)

What I got was:

http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/mcprod/shopdisplayproducts.asp?hid=1&id=14&cat=Power+Amplifiers&prodid=1096&product=MC207

and

http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/mcprod/shopdisplayproducts.asp?hid=1&id=15&cat=Audio%2FVideo+Control+Centers&prodid=1159&product=MX120

I know I told you that the list price was $14,800 for the two pieces but I did get a good discount plus a trade-in of my MA6900 McIntosh Integrated stereo amplifier.

I'm not letting the dealer off the hook that easily. You might say that he is still between a Roc and a hard place. I'll let you know what happens when I pick up the stuff.

As Ricky Ricardo used to say............"...you got some splainin' to do!!"

My wife is a real saint. She approves everything I do, as it should be. Been married to her for over 39 years so I do think it will work out.

She seems OK with the power equipment and growth of five or seven Forte IIs. However she is getting quite nervous over the acquisition of the JL Audio f113 subwoofer (not the jet fighter plane) (2500 rms watts, 130 pounds) because right now I have it pointed directly at her listening/viewing chair. I have had the f113 since Feb. 2 but cannot use it until I get my McIntosh equipment so it is just sitting there waiting for a signal to activate.

Roc is now less PISSED. I got home from Delaware at 10 PM last night with my two pieces of McIntosh equipment. This dealer has not been kind nor good for Roc. He forgot to get me the connecting cable that goes between the two pieces but at least I got my main items.

Right now they are just sitting in their boxes waiting. Hopefully I can get it hooked up this weekend.

Not to worry, when I am done (if ever) I will provide numerous pictures of my music room.

...........stay tuned for more.

oh God yes.

I have a sub that I can't connect. I have an A/V Controller and a 7.1 amp that I can't connect.

I have six speakers for a 7.1 system. (4 Forte IIs; 2 KG-4s).

What a mess. What a wonderful mess. I have run over 250 feet of 12 guage wire but nothing plays yet.

I have a total of 3,900 watts (main + sub) but no sound.

But I'm gettin close. Three electric circuits dedicated but no electric draw yet.

But I'm gettin close. Keep your windows open for when I crank it up. Led Zepplin has never sounded so good.

• Moderators

I just know that music can't be better than sex but I'm tryin.

Well try both together ? Maby just you and your wife just jump up on that sub while the music is playing, it would be her favorite new part of the HT. [:|]

That system you are putting together should sound great, there should be no reason for it not to. Be careful with that volume knob that's a lot of power for Forte ll's, that amp should barely warm up.