Just how good are Velodyne Subs?

tigerwoodKhorns

I just put my Klipsch SW15 back in my system. I am running B&W N801's and have the sub crossed over at about 50 Hz. It really makes a nice difference. I have no complaints about the SW15 but I keep hearing that the Velodyne DD15 series with their eq's are so great. Are they that good? Will it add anything?

Thanks,

Chris

I just put my Klipsch SW15 back in my system. I am running B&W N801's and have the sub crossed over at about 50 Hz. It really makes a nice difference. I have no complaints about the SW15 but I keep hearing that the Velodyne DD15 series with their eq's are so great. Are they that good? Will it add anything?

Thanks,

Chris

Klipsch SW sub??? Do you have a KSW15 or RSW15? The KSW15 is alow end sub,the RSW15 is one of the best Klipsch subs ever released and a very solid sub. The Velodyne DD15 and 18 are on a whole new level,above the RSW15.

First the larger DD series Velo subs have extension well below the RSW or RT subs. Second the motor used with the servo control in a sealed box combine to give you a level of tauntness and controll you cannot have with even the RSW15(for a classic non servo sub theb RSW15 is close). And with the SMS you can fine tune the sub to perform in the most linear way in YOUR room.

Yes the DD15 is worthy,and a top contender. Since the price is real you cannot ignore the JL Audio f112 and f113,these are also on the same level.And cost a bit less.With more output down deep.

Thanks,

Chris

Klipsch SW sub??? Do you have a KSW15 or RSW15? The KSW15 is alow end sub,the RSW15 is one of the best Klipsch subs ever released and a very solid sub. The Velodyne DD15 and 18 are on a whole new level,above the RSW15.

First the larger DD series Velo subs have extension well below the RSW or RT subs. Second the motor used with the servo control in a sealed box combine to give you a level of tauntness and controll you cannot have with even the RSW15(for a classic non servo sub theb RSW15 is close). And with the SMS you can fine tune the sub to perform in the most linear way in YOUR room.

Yes the DD15 is worthy,and a top contender. Since the price is real you cannot ignore the JL Audio f112 and f113,these are also on the same level.And cost a bit less.With more output down deep.

The SW15 was the Klipsch top of the line powered sub in the early 90's. It has a 15" woofer and a 15" passive radiator on the back.

I just ran pink noise and an RTA and dialed it in with my DEQ2496. It blended in very well. I have it comming in at about 65 to 70 hz and using the pink noise it integrates very well.

Ditto on what The Ear said. Klipsch subs = minimal or no useable response below 30Hz.

The SW series are the precessors to the junky and awful KSW series, the RSW's were certainly an improvement but better can be easily had in their price range.

I have been using a pair of Velodyne HGS Servo 15's and man they hit hard, and dig reaaaalllllyyyyy deep. They keep up just fine with my 4 Klipschorn's, La Scala, and Heresy pair. You certainly won't be disappointed.

I have the Velodyne DLS-5000 and the DD-15. They are excellent subs. The DLS-5000 drops fast at 30 HZ but very strong above that. The DD is nothing but awesome dig low and very contoled base. You change the servo gains up or down for HT or music. Alos has the bult in equalizer. Can not go wrong the DD.