RW-12d port noise?

mathesar

Well I was playing with it a little bit this morning, and the port seems to be rattling.  If I put a little pressure on the port it stops.  Does this sound like a defect or what?

If it's a rattling sound, and you can stop it with your finger, sounds like something is loose. I have an RW-12d, and am more than happy with it. Btw, you revived a thread that had a post from oldbuckster, may he Rest In Peace. I really miss his comments.

Since you want a Klipsch sub, I say get the sub 12. Hard to beat at that price! I've tried to kill mine, and didn't hear any kind of port noise. Port noise is when the subs workingg really hard, and pushing a lot of air through a hole that isn't big enough. The RW sub being discussed is what's called "corner ported". The sub 12 is down firing, and ports out the back through a MASSIVE port.

• 1 year later...

Well I was playing with it a little bit this morning, and the port seems to be rattling. If I put a little pressure on the port it stops. Does this sound like a defect or what?

Sorry to re-revive an old thread... I have this same issue with both of my RW-12d's. It sounds like creaking from the plastic during certain bass notes. Did you do anything to fix this? My thought was to get some black caulk and fill all the seams. I think that will solve the issue.

As far a port noise, I notice it every now and again, but now that I have two subs working together sitting behind a false wall, it is really hard to hear. When I get the port noise, it generally is a frequency too low for the sub to play. The port noise doesn't bother me as it rarely happens and I can't really hear it anyway. The creaking is a bigger issue as I is extremely easy to hear during scenes that have lots of bass but now higher frequencies to cover it up.

If it's a rattling sound, and you can stop it with your finger, sounds like something is loose. I have an RW-12d, and am more than happy with it. Btw, you revived a thread that had a post from oldbuckster, may he Rest In Peace. I really miss his comments.

Yeah, that freaked me out a little until I read on to discover it was an older thread!

On my RW, I use the 'depth' setting as it seems to blend better. I'm not sure I would return a sub just because one scene in a movie made some strange sounds, but I mainly listen to music anyway.

I had a KSW10. I definitely had port "chuffing" at lower frequencies.......

My solution is in my signature..... No port= no "chuffing".

Good luck with the caulking; I hope that resolves the creaking issue. [Y]

P.S. I too hope that Buckster is resting in peace......