OT: Best Buy may not be your "Best Buy" after all...

picky

Any of these BIG BOX stores are to be watched.........I really miss the small shops, the Mega-stores are eating our land up......and in most cases, they stay a few years, run all the little guys out, raise their prices, and close 5 years later when store does meet sales requirements...........

I witnessed this very thing happen when I went to by my Bluetooth headset for my cell phone at BB in December.Buyer beware!

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2100335,00.asp

was that the 9.99 bluetooth headset that our store ran out in about 18 minutes? we had 500 of them too........

Also whenever I saw some mismatch, I would always override the price and give the lower one..... Alas I don't work there anymore.

I witnessed this very thing happen when I went to by my Bluetooth headset for my cell phone at BB in December.Buyer beware!<?xml:namespace prefix = o />

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2100335,00.asp

was that the 9.99 bluetooth headset that our store ran out in about 18 minutes? we had 500 of them too........

Also whenever I saw some mismatch, I would always override the price and give the lower one..... Alas I don't work there anymore.

Jay: Nope. I found a Motorola H700 on the store's site for $99.99. When I went to the store, the price was marked $121.95. They looked it up on their internal web site and told me I had to pay $106.95. I asked for a manager. He went over to a different PC and pulled up the same price I had printed out on my paper ($99.99). He gave it to me for that price and didn't offer me any explanation as to the discrepancy. I thought it was just a one-time fluke until I read the article.

actually though, since bestbuy has internet prices, in store prices, the bestbuy internal website and such I can see why errors can happen. That is why a flier in one part of the state can be completely different from other fliers. Heck check the online fliers and they will ask you your zipcode due to different items being on sale at all the stores nationwide.

Picky,

I'm from the Detroit area also, do you remember 'Highland Appliance'? That was where I first started buying audio equipment then I moved over to Alma's when I started making a decent living. Even though Highland Appliance was an early "big box" store, there was no B.S.. I wouldn't shop at Best Buy for batteries. Plus I can't stand the hip-hop dance club atmosphere they have going.

'Highland Appliance'.....

Yeah, I know those guys......used to work for 'em. Not a bad gig.....had a ball selling audio and video, that was when knowledgeable salespeople could make a living doing this. I met quite a few pretty serious A/V geeks in that place. It was all well and good until they (and many other retailers) went out of biz around 1990.