New McIntosh Products are here! Or soon will be!

IndyKlipschFan

Take your pick... Oh the choices!!!

http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/mcprod/shopdisplayproducts.asp?hid=1&id=15&cat=Audio%2FVideo+Control+Centers&prodid=1160&product=MX136

A quick comparrison sheet!

http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/data/compare/2%2026%2007%20Mulit%20Preamp%20processor%20compare.pdf

Maybe the good news is the 119's will drop in price soon? (I can dream right?)

Your thoughts?

With technology changing fairly rapidly in the audio-video end, and McIntosh generally lagging behind with their conservative approach, I am leaning toward a much more inexpensive solution. Considering the Outlaw 990. Seems to hold their value well, not cutting edge technology, but will suffice for a few years. The venerable McIntosh looks nice, is expensive, holds value well...Now if a 119 would fall into my lap...hmmm.....

I have noticed that McIntosh audio-video components seem to loose half their value when a new model comes out. Another reason I'm considering the Outlaw 990...cheapest I have seen is $775 so far.

No info on the DAC chip type, the bit rate, or the sampling frequency, which is the heart of the HT processor.

Mcinotsh is not know for being on the cutting edge in this area.

MX 119 show up on ebay all the time for 1k. As well as MSD4's and MAC-3's for 500 - 750.

A legit MX 119 with the tuner for 1k...USA model and works.. in a 9- 10 condition?? Really??

Let me know if this is for real?? I will even pay you a generous finders fee if you can get me one at 1k. 1,000 US dollars?

Done deal, I am sold... at this 1k price! Find me one too please!

"McInotsh is not know for being on the cutting edge in this area." I assume you mean by new products with great new have to have the latest gadgets in them too.. And your right... they are slow.. But, when they do get it right, and they step into the market as far as I am concerned with the Pre Amps / Amps they make, they are def at that top of the ladder with very few competitors!

Would an MX132 (it has DTS) be better...one Sold last week for 1100.

Keep checking ebay. Especially an outfit called IsoldIt , they have been dumping a lot of Mcintosh gear latey.

I see some of these do HDMI switching so I assume they get there audio feeds via HDMI which would be a must in todays HT.

I would make sure they can handle the bandwidth of the the uncompressed HDDVD and blue ray audio? If they do not, I would wait until MC has a unit that before I would upgrade.

This is a hard time to upgrade waiting to see what is done and what our options are with the new sound options on the HD disk formats.

If you run uncompressed audio, basically a wav file for each channel, the only option in most processors is to bypass, meaning you loose your balancing and time alignments. No thank you.[:)] I won't upgrade until I can input this data and have my processor align it to my room settings.

JM

j-malotky is not online. Last active: 03-09-2007, 8:42 AMj-malotky

I agree, the rate of interface changes, functions, and features is very busy, while the motion picture industry mainly uses legacy formats for backward compatability.

One good thing that comes out of this is that you can add to your existing system used componets that other move away from at a very good price if you do not need all the functions and feature the new stuff offers.

THERE IS STILL NOTHING LIKE A MCINTOSH. .....AND THERE NEVER WILL BE IN YOUR LIFETIME!!!

Not owned by Clarion anymore.

BTW, I took ownership of an MX120 last Thursday. Nice.

CORPORATE DATA

nopx.gif

nopx.gif

nopx.gif

nopx.gif

nopx.gif

Name:

nopx.gif

D&M Holdings, Inc.

nopx.gif

Headquarters:

nopx.gif

D&M Building, 2-1 Nisshin-cho, Kawasaki-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa 210-8569, Japan

nopx.gif

Map and Directions:

nopx.gif

nopx.gif

TEL:

nopx.gif

+81-44-670-1111 (Main)

nopx.gif

FAX:

nopx.gif

+81-44-670-2680

nopx.gif

Established:

nopx.gif

May 14, 2002

nopx.gif

Capital:

nopx.gif

3,379,686,388 yen

nopx.gif

Fiscal year:

nopx.gif

Ending March 31

nopx.gif

Representatives:

nopx.gif

COB and Representative Executive Officer, Co-CEO:

Eric C. Evans

MOB and Representative Executive Officer, Co-CEO:

Tatsuo Kabumoto

MOB and Representative Executive Officer, President & COO:

Victor J. Pacor

nopx.gif

Business:

nopx.gif

Design, manufacture and sell Audio, Video and Media equipment of Denon, Marantz, McIntosh, Boston, Snell, Escient and ReplayTV brand.

nopx.gif

Sales:

nopx.gif

JPY89.3 billion (FY2005)

nopx.gif

Stock exchange:

nopx.gif

Listed on the first section of the Tokyo Securities Exchange

Regardless of present ownership equal performance can be had at a lesser price, same goes for Nakamichi. Alot of your hard earned money is not going into top notch build quality and internal components but name recognition.

For $15,000 smackers better can certainly be had. Nice looking gear though and it certainly isn't going to sound bad by any means, just very pricey for what you are getting.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I get in line for one of those $1,000 MX-119?

I am still waiting.. For my MX- 119 even with my 20% finders fee of 200.00 to anyone here that can deliver for 1,000.00 and a 8-9 in all working order too.

Can I stop holding my breath too? I have a feeeling I might faint here..?? hahahaahahaha

IndyKlipschFan

Sorry, if I see another, there will be a big time mark up. If holding your breath waiting won't pass you out, my mark up will.

Watch for items for sale by ISoldIt. Don't know where they get this stuff from, but they have been selling Mcintosh's MX's, Mdac's and those surround sound enhancers. If you want to see a sample, check ebay for Mcinotsh listings by a fellow in NJ, he's making a killing.

A lot of folks buy the IsoldIt stuff and re-list on Audiogon. The stuff does not become and 9/10's til it hits audiogon. To be a 9/10 an item has to be sold by the original owner.