Accommodating Belle's

Coytee

There are a pair of Belle's near me for sale. I've got NO stick in this fire and have no idea who the seller is. I just wanted to say that if someone here were to bid on them but unable to get them for "a while" (not so sure how that's defined)... that I'd be willing to hold them at my place until the buyer would be able to pick them up.

Any payment is of course between any buyer & the seller... I'd just offer a safe place for them to be so they'd be out of the sellers hair and in a forum members hands until pickup time.

It's cool if someone takes me up on that and it's fine by me if it doesn't happen.

post-15072-13819326165446_thumb.jpg

Are your daughters missing? [:$]

As for the link... I specifically didn't post it since some folks don't like it so blatently advertised (if they're trying to swoop in). I figured anyone who was looking would already know. Also, I realized that maybe someone might consider them and pass because of some logistical issue...so I wanted "that" person to know I was willing to help.

Now... back to your daughters...

[:#]

VERY nice offer. I am trying to consider how to purchase them without future wife knowing and do you think there small enough to hide in my music room without her noticing as well?

Man I've got a problem. We listed our home with a realtor last week. We are making a soft approach to this. It is listed with the top realtor in danville. No signs, MLS, etc. The idea is that anyone looking at homes of this calibur will use that agency when coming to town. I thought it would list privately with them for say 2 to 3 months. Within 1 weel it looks as if we will entertain someone making an offer.

No the problem, our home is 6,068 sq ft. The home we have found with land and ponds is 3,400 sq ft. We know we will need to build an addition in some short oder on that house. We love it and the land and the sellers ore motivated, soooo.....

Anyway, I think I am on hold buying anything of any size right now [:'(] This is a development that happened yesterday afternoon. I guess it's a good problem to have.

Thanks for the offer. If I can get them reasonable I may just take you up on the offer though!

What a gentleman!

VERY nice offer. I am trying to consider how to purchase them without future wife knowing and do you think there small enough to hide in my music room without her noticing as well?

If I can hide three LaScalas in my basement and Two Jubilees in my living room then I'm sure you could pull it off. Ok, so maybe I didn't hide the Jubilees as well as I could have...

Man I've got a problem. We listed our home with a realtor last week. We are making a soft approach to this. It is listed with the top realtor in danville. No signs, MLS, etc. The idea is that anyone looking at homes of this calibur will use that agency when coming to town. I thought it would list privately with them for say 2 to 3 months. Within 1 weel it looks as if we will entertain someone making an offer.

Nice problem to have... means you can stick closer to your asking price (or you failed to ask enough?)

No the problem, our home is 6,068 sq ft.

Ya... sounds like a real box

The home we have found with land and ponds is 3,400 sq ft. We know we will need to build an addition in some short oder on that house. We love it and the land and the sellers ore motivated, soooo.....

Anyway, I think I am on hold buying anything of any size right now [:'(] This is a development that happened yesterday afternoon. I guess it's a good problem to have.

[Y]

Thanks for the offer. If I can get them reasonable I may just take you up on the offer though! [Y]

What a gentleman! [N]

You fail to see through my transparency... it's all an effort to get the Belles myself. Here's the plan... "you" (or someone) buys them and I hold them at my place, sitting in front of the Jubilees. Later when "you" come to pick them up, you take an audition of the Jubilees. When you see how clearly the Jubilees squash the "lowely" Belles, you simply break down and cry, suffering a level 4 nervous breakdown on the spot. You get so fed up with yourself you simply say the "heck" with it and tell me to do what I want with the Belles because you are now going to buy the Jubilees. You leave without taking the Belles and the net consequence is, I've netted a free pair for the bedroom. (insert a Vincent Price inspired demonic laugh here) [:o]

PhilMays said; " ...I am trying to consider how to purchase them without future wife knowing and do you think there small enough to hide in my music room without her noticing as well?..."

My rule of thumb is that if I can get a piece of gear in the basement and it goes unnoticed for 3 months, then I'm golden. My theory is that if it hasn't come to the wife's attention within that period then she'll perceive it as "background stock" and never realize that its a newer addition. This works easily with guitars, amps and such as they are pretty generic in her eyes but speakers are a challenge. I've been successful with such speaks as JBLs, Heresys, several pairs of Cornwalls and a few tall single-driver horns like the Cain&Cain Abbey but she did notice a pr of Altec 604e's in relatively benign cabinets and a pr of Epic C-3s that I couldn't get downstairs fast enough. Of course, I couldn't even pretend to hide the Khorns from her. Worst scenario was when she drove up right as I did with another pair of JBL L-200 StudioMasters in my car. The foot went down hard and she wouldn't even let me take them out of the car. 

My suggestion is that if you buy these, when the time is right find a nice quiet spot in a dark corner for a few weeks (or months if your wife sticks around the house a lot) then hook them into your system and avoid bringing any attention to it for as long as you can. If she notices them at that point you can always declare that "They've been here for months" and hopefully she'll relent and may even learn to appreciate them. If all else fails, tell that you're just holding them for a fellow Klipschster and he'll come pick them up when he gets out of...  hospital, jail, military/Iraq, divorce settlement - whichever has the best chance for acceptance at the time. Have fun.

If this observation is worth a plug nickel...

My wife has now started to notice that "such & such" doesn't sound as nice as it does at home. She IS beginning to realize that we've got a pretty sweet sounding setup at the house, but that still doesn't diminsh her "they are plug ugly speakers" stance.

"

My wife has now started to notice that "such & such" doesn't sound as nice as it does at home."

Maybe it's time to tell her about your 7.1 jubilee surround sound concept.

To tell you the truth...I already have. She was (is) a bit incredulous about that idea. I did however, tell her it wasn't going to happen in this house as it's simply not designed right.

Just today she made a comment about something decorative and I said "in the NEW house" ( she wants to add on to existing, and therein is our battle)

If you want to see a very priceless rolling of the eyes... just talk to my wife about anything to do with "plug ugly passe' big box speakers"

Some very good points gentlemen! I think I may go with the hiding in the basement (my room) until they are "common law" property! Do you think I could play it off as I removed them from the in-wall whole house system as I thought they would sound better in a more open environment?

Some good/bad news today on the house. Seems like the guys wants are bigger than his means, or perhaps he is setting the table for a long dance.

Coytee man....come on...taking my belles.....pick on Fini's daughters, but leave my potebtial belles alone[;)] Do you want to build new or is the arguement over an addition?

Do you think I could play it off as I removed them from the in-wall whole house system as I thought they would sound better in a more open environment?

Is she blonde? [6] (I know...I'm gonna fry for that one but hey... uh.. never mind... that comment will only make it hotter oil)

Coytee man....come on...taking my belles.....pick on Fini's daughters, but leave my potebtial belles alone[;)] Do you want to build new or is the arguement over an addition?

Potential Belles...Potential daughters...potential addition and potential new build. I'm potentially dealing with fire!!

My long term goal would be to buy/build a second home and keep this one as it's on the lake and rather secluded. Rather than build another one, I'd rather keep THAT cash/asset/borrowing power to perhaps buy her siblings out when inheritance time comes as I'm sure someone will need/want cash rather than raw land. What ever my life course is going to be in this house, it's 100% guaranteed to be changing as the elder generation passes on and the land falls to a net of 12 children mixed between 3 different families (all cousins)

Would you be willing to check these out in person....

I'd be happy to check them out. One caveot though... I've sent the seller TWO ebay emails. one telling him that I was going to make this offer to hold them on this forum, in case someone wanted them but had an issue with timing. I then sent him a SECOND email inviting him over to hear the Jubilees since he's evidently a Klipsch fan.

I've not heard a WORD back from him. Nothing, nada, squat.

So, I'll although I'll be more than happy to go check them out, I'll leave it up to someone else to contact him and set it up, fair enough? Once you make that contact, you can give me his number, you can give HIM, my number (865-531-5888 for work) or find some other way to get us connected.

Once again Coytee going the distance! What a guy!

These are not to be for me! I have just reminded myself that I have another house I need to repair to place on the market to sell....The times just not right.....I miss the careless carefree days of my youth[:'(]