New Reciever

germerikan

Westcott:

Yes if you are in the military you get extreme good prices, sometimes 1/2 price than in the States,r at least back then. Was in the Army 8 years and 6 here in Germany. Just stayed after the tour. In the Army you had too much time and too much money. We had guys buying Crazy wild amps and speakers and on the weekends it was battle of the bands. The guy in the room next to me had 4 Bose 901 Piano finish and was pushing 1500 watts each thru them. The big brands back then were Bose, Infinity, Polk B&W Cerwin Vega and JBL. Klipsch only sold one model there forget the name of them Small horn on top, middle horn and a w shaped bass. naked wood.(alot of guys thought they were ugly but sounded nice)

That Klipsch model sounds like a Raw Birch La Scala.

........... for the that price range you could get the Emotiva lmc-1, lpa-1 setup, and that would be a separates system. They seem to be highly raved about here lately.

Thanks for the tip!!! Was on their websight and asked about shipping terms etc. A separates system would be better for me due to the fact that when we remodeled I built our old system into the wall (blind wall made out of 2 layers of dry wall) and forgot everything is getting bigger. So the opening for the reciever is 17,5 cm (about 7 inches) [*-)] The Amp could be hidden behind the wall (I have active airflow so nothing gets to hot.) but since it looks so good I would probably open the front again and integrate it so it is visable, WAF will kill me.

It has a very good price, even under the 900 euro mark, wich leaves a little extra money for a new DVD.[6]

Right now in the race:

Yamaha RX-V1700, 900 euros

Rotel RSX-1057, 1400 euros

Emotiva LMC-1 with LPA-1, 750 euros

Tendation moving towards Emotiva.

Keep tips coming and kudos to this forum, many helpful people with good advice.

Randy

Can anyone remember the name/location of the German Klipsch distributor who was posting here a couple months back? Perhaps he could provide some inputs and/or Heritage demo?

I remember that fellow.......he was posting around last December and wished everyone a Merry Christmas.

Short update........

Have been surfing most of the morning concerning the Emotiva....have only heard good things about this setup (Audioholics).....40% discount on future tech. sounds almost to good to be true.

The 99% for the Yammy just went to 50%,

Rotel a bit pricy at the moment but also a very good system

Depending on Shipping, waranty etc. It looks like the Emotiva is starting to win the race, now only if the WAF (also known as minister of finances) gives the ok.[A]

Randy

So brothers and sisters,

Was on a business trip and just got back into the office. Opened my mails with a big smile[:D] Yes,yes a mail from Lonnie Vaughn at Emotiva support. 30 seconds later[:'(] Emotiva does not ship to Europe....... yet: shipping, VAT etc.is to expensive for the coustomer he was very sorry but at this point in time no. AAAAARRRRRRGGGG

Methinks I will have to find a workaround, I have not given up hope!!!! Perhaps on of our business partners can help me out?

Thanks for the link for the Klipsch dealer here, I will look into it.

Thanks fo the reviews on the Emotiva (now I am really depressed)[;)]

Those of you that are interested I will keep this post going until I prevail. Back at the ol drawing board.

Randy

Hi all

I just checked the Klipsch dealers web sight here in germany and he does have the heratige line, even the 60th anaversary khorn, purdy speakers they are. I wish I could afford them.

To the never ending story of the reciever I talked to my peeps in USA and we are working out a scheme as to how we could get the emotiva over here to me. The thing is I have to find a way to get around the VAT. All of that together would be to much. I am hoping I can figure something out within the next 2 months or so. The reviews I have read here and elswhere has now pushed the Emotiva to the 90% mark. I have sent 2 mails to tech. support and both times Lonnie Vaughn responded very fast, it seems that they still care about coustomers there. I will however keep looking for other deals and see if I can find something with the same quality and price.

Till next post

Randy

New update

2 new "possibilities"

Harmon Kardon AVR745 (3000+ euro)

Maranz SR9600 (3000+ euro)

both very pricy but sound awesom, I could reference these with my speakers and ach du heilige geist, what a difference. Still looking for a way to get the Emotiva over here. Coustoms are the big problem though. The price/quality is keeping the Emotiva in the race.

til next time.............

Randy

So I have not updated in a while and thought I would give a shout.

I went to the local Hi-Fi dealer yesterday to take a look at the Rotel, look purdy, sound good, price.......... Question to the gents in the good ol' USA, The new Rotel Pre (Forget the number but 7.1 setup with the screen in the front I think newest model) and a 5 channel Amp is running about 6500 euro (about $8685) is this normal?

We also talked a bit about setups and so forth and I mentioned Emotiva, he never heard of them and asked at the price they are asking if it is "China junk" because at that price it cant be too good.

I for one though am still communicating with Emotiva concening Warantie and so forth, I will have to pay import fees and VAT if I import it here, even if it is a gift. That means about a 35% mark up, but still cheaper as the "other" good stuff here.

After extra morgage payment, new brakes for the Audi and other unexpected bills this month my savings for the combo is lower than nil.[:'(] So this just pushed my time plan back about 3 months. Just wanted to rant and get this off my chest, there is nothing worse than seeing your goal and then getting it pushed back another 100 yards.

Enough crying and thanks for your support!!!

Randy

Yammies are toy-like and really not so practical in setting up your system. I would suggest looking further than Walmart & or Best Buy for better products. Also the KLF speakers and of course some of the lower grade Denon DVD players are laughable. These have always been considered as starter speakers for dorm rooms. Look outside the box man! Plenty of good infor here!

Cheers and good luck!

Let's see- RXV850, RXV 2400, RXV 2600 and a stereo piece for the bedroom- All fantastic sounding, all great features, never a breakdown. NOT BRIGHT, NOT TOYS.

My newest 2600 has manual fully-adjustable parametric eq for every channel and loads of features, in addition to the YPAO.

I'm more than happy with Yamaha electronics. Ask the many Forum members who have heard my systems.

Michael

Hi all

I just checked the Klipsch dealers web sight here in germany and he does have the heratige line, even the 60th anaversary khorn, purdy speakers they are. I wish I could afford them.

To the never ending story of the reciever I talked to my peeps in USA and we are working out a scheme as to how we could get the emotiva over here to me. The thing is I have to find a way to get around the VAT. All of that together would be to much. I am hoping I can figure something out within the next 2 months or so. The reviews I have read here and elswhere has now pushed the Emotiva to the 90% mark. I have sent 2 mails to tech. support and both times Lonnie Vaughn responded very fast, it seems that they still care about coustomers there. I will however keep looking for other deals and see if I can find something with the same quality and price.

Till next post

Randy

Tell Werner that we all said 'Hey Y'all' from the good old USA! [:D]

Tell Werner that we all said 'Hey Y'all' from the good old USA! [:D]

If I get a chance to meet him I'll drop a howdy and also let him know that this forum always suggests him for buyers oversees.

Also thanks for the info about your Yammi TOYS[;)], If there is no possibility (at the moment I am worried about warranty) for the Emotiva system I will probably be buying the Yamaha I mentioned in the beginning of this thread. The prices have also droped a little so when money is once again saved we will see what happens.

Nice signature I havent heard King Crimson since the Army days in Texas, and yes it's all talk.[Y]