Possible PWK Handmade Horn?

While Jefferson trader did a fair amount of research, IIRC, PWK started his numbering system at 100, so people would think they were buying an already proven, desirable speaker. This may be K5 # 26. Paul was also very adept at realizing there were many superior fabricator/carpenters than he, so this work would be the provenance of Baldwin, or made in the small shack he had cooking. Either way, think I'll throw a bid in on this, as it would get me over the hump of not having a Klipsch speaker from the 1940s. There are two or three of these that pop up every year or so, with the last being over in England.

Hi Dave,

After the first 25, or so, Mr. Paul skipped to
100+. This one is quite rare as it has the vanes near the throat.
I believe that makes it pre-1948. It is quite possible Mr. Paul
built it, but no way to know, now.

The K-5 horn evolved over time, as various modifications were introduced. these were identified by the suffix letter which follows the K-5. The horn shown is a K-5-D. The vanes were used at least through the later K-5-G model. The final version (K-5-J ) does not contain any vanes and was produced over several years and represents the largest production of the K-5 series. If anyone has information on other versions, it would be nice to fill in the blanks.

Bill W.