Soon to be RF82 owner from the UK

emperor ming

[:D] Hi guys

Im soon to be baptised into the church of Klipsch. In other words, im gonna buy a pair of RF82's. I have just bought myself an NVA passive preamp and 2 Trends TA10's , im going to use them as power amps, but needed a speaker with a high efficiency.

Its bloody nigh impossible to get Klipsch speakers in the UK. I dont know why, maybe some politics or other. I was going to make some fostex horns, but was drawn to these monsters. I love what i hear about the reviews of these speakers, engaging, dynamic, sense of realism. I do wonder if the british palette is a bit dry compared to the rest of the world, but to be honest i like dynamic open presentation with balls. And with these babys being 98db efficienct, i think these speakers may give me the thrill.

Im just asking if people who already own them, are happy with them?, I can get a good deal from a German company, so im just saving up the pennies until i can afford to buy them.

At the moment i have a very capable pair of Acoustic Energy Evo 3's , they have won countless awards here, and coupled with my Ah Njoe tjoeb Cd player and the new amp setup, i understand why. But, it doesnt go slightly loud enough for me , at 91db, im sure the Klipch speakers will give that extra oomph.

I feel pretty good about the way im going, but anyhow, will await some comments

[8-|]

yes i do love it loud, hopefully 10 watts will be enough, to be honest, i just want a great sound at slightly higher levels, not to smash the house down. i used to have 500 watt monoblocks, they were good fun[:P]

forgot to add thats the reason for the high efficiency, my Trends amps are only 10 watts per channel.

Still its amazing that i can still get loud with the 91db speakers,just need that extra kick.

Im surprised you havent heard of AE, they make great budget to midfi speakers, Ive owned a few of there designs, once i had an Audiolab 800C pre amp, triamped with 3, 8000SX, power amps, to some AE500,s do a google.

But also, when i did a post on a british hifi forum, i asked anyone of they knew about Klipsch, one knew about the Cornwall and Heresey, that was it.

I love the fact that the Klipsch speakers have a horn involved, its not a design we can get here, and they are bloody monstrous too, so bass im sure will be felt, rather than heard. My music ranges vary from Classical and jazz, to The Prodigy and psychadelic electronica, drum and bass, dub reggae, and then, Norwegian folk music. So finesse is important as well as power. The great thing about my front end is that its a tubed Cd player, and i listen to a lot of vinyl. so its taken off the harsh analitical edge of digital, without taking off the edge of the music.