Klipsch MWM TCSM

enigzenig

I bet they'd be fun to play with. I mildly entertained buying them to...for about 2 minutes. Be cool to drag one outside and let it RIP while i was out there doing something. Since I'm in the middle of 250 acres with another 3/400 surrounding me of woods and a lake on the other side of that land... I can be REAL loud and not bother anyone.

These use the same mids and tweets as the Khorns, and the K43 industrial woofs, a variant of the K33, only with double the power handling, and half an octave less deep stuff. They are exceedingly accurate and insanely loud for outdoor sound reinforcement. You got off the wrong bus if you think these play sloppy!

If you own a set of these, weekends are spent strutting around the back fourty, taking a pause every now and then to hop up on the fence to crow. You truly are the biggest rooster in the land!

I have industrial la scalas now which have the K43. I didn't realize they utilized the same drivers as what I have too. So does this mean that they will just play louder than what I have? If so, then I'll feel better about passing them up. I would upgrade to the Jubilee if I could get my hands on a moderately priced pair.

The Jubilee has two advantages over the Khorn. They have the 1/8 space final interface already enclosed - but so do the MWM/TCSM. The Jubs also cross over somewhere near 800 Hz(Altec, anyone?) while the M/T retains the slightly problematic 400 Hz point. However, IIRC, this setup splits the bottom end and lets the bad mother double K43 per case do the 40-200Hz, and the "Khorn" section handle the 200-400 mid bass.

You end up with the KHorn - a step above the La Scalas- a finished final fold so you can float it- two steps above the Scalas; a gargantuan quad set of subs and a new frequency range management system - the third and largest improvement over the La Scalas. I have heard these banks four times at live shows, and they are among the best rigs I've ever come across. They also are ripe for the modding we have evolved on the forum. The Klaphorn and JBL babycheeks would be a direct dropin on this system, and with triamping you would have a stupendous HT with only two channels.

Trust me when I say that commercial Scalas are almost toys compared to this rig - and I've covered parties up to 10K people with commercial Scalas.

Now I am thinking I should have bought them. I hope I will have the opportunity again.

How big are they exactly? If the mid-bass cabinet is the size of a K-Horn, then the speakers aren't that big.

yeah 68" wide x 44 deep x 32 isn't that large at all. For instance one barely fits in the bed of a six foot long standard pickup bed.

And yes, I have a stack of the MCM's right next to the LSI's. They do look a bit tinkertoyish!

post-10755-13819329539622_thumb.jpg