? putting RF 7's in entertainment center

swsteinmetz

Just finished my basement 15' x 31' (1/2 bar and 1/2 TV area) and am planning on buying the RF 7's, RC 7, and RS 7. However, I'm a little worried about putting the RF 7's within the entertainment center. I've had two people that sell Klipsch and both say it shouldn't be a problem.

Any advice or suggestions.

Also, I plan on putting one in ceiling R-5800 approximately 4' center behind the listener--good idea?

I can't imagine that would be anything but bad.In a cabinet? They're already in a cabinet.Maybe I've misunderstood and they're goin' in a false wall with fabric fronts? That would be bad enough as you lose the ability to properly place the speakers,which for the 7's is pretty important.Good Luck,maybe it will fly.

I wouldn't recommend it. The RF-7 and RC-7 have ports in the rear. I tried packing them in between a wall and the TV and was very unhappy with their performance. Once brought back out into the room, dramatic improvement. The RC-7 should not be as much of a problem as it is used mostly for dialog.

Don't waste your money on RF-7's if your going to put them inside something. It is a total waste of money, because they will not sound anywhere near what they are capable of. Save some coin and buy some cheap speakers that are not critical of placement. I would not trust any dealer that told you that it will sound fine, because it won't. Buy some RB-75's or RB-81's that are front ported. You will probably get at least as much bottom end as you would out of RF-7's inside a cabinet, for alot less money. This is a good place to learn others mistakes before you buy. Good luck!

Jeremy

NEVER put floorstanding speakers into a wall. The cabinet should be considered a component of the speaker (which it is).

Try cupping your hands around your mouth and speaking. You would most likely get a similar result by putting your speaker cabinets into yet another cabinet.

Good luck!