What is the Synergy Series about?

InVeNtOr

This is my personal take on it. i am expounding from the previous post i made.

in our culture or society we our out sourcing everything to save a few dollars. in the short run thats a very smart thing to do. in the long run, we won't be able to compete and HAVE to buy everything overseas and be dependent on someone else. now i work with some people who in my opinion should be fired. they are lazy and don't get any work done. to the company it's just a waste of money. there is little the company can do because over here there are lawyers and "rules" that lets that lazy worker keep his job. i also know of Union workers that have the same complaint. (this is from them) once you reach a certain year, it's almost impossible to be fired. they have told me certain people just sit around and drink coffee. a few of them have even clocked into work, then left and worked across the street for 8 hours and the company still couldn't fire them! we are workers are hurting ourselves by acting this way.

I believe the workers in Hope love their job and are truly proud of their product. This is where I think the products are different. There is a degree of love put into every speaker during every phase of construction. Like it was stated before, china has machines and assembly process like that. I am just a little more happy knowing that a person built my speaker over a machine because no machine can match the craftsmanship of a person. Maybe the builder in Hope sands down the wood a couple of more times or places the glue in the joints a little neater, or even just takes a second look to inspect the entire job to make sure they did a great job. It's things like that I believe the Hope workers do. To ensure that those great workers still have a job I will try and do my part and buy from that factory to honor their love and craftsmanship. To all the Hope workers Thank You for having pride in your work and taking the time to put these beautifully crafted works of art together.

ps. the only thing missing from these speakers is a an engraved plate with the workers name who put it together (if thats possible).

I agree. Klipsch originated in Hope and has its roots there. Hopefully it still makes a difference. The "buy from america" thing is a different issue. I want my speakers made in Hope because I truly believe that they make a better product than overseas can make. Even if that is not true, it is what I believe and phycologically it makes a difference to me and allows me to sleep better at night.

But do you really know for sure that the quality and materials are the same. I'm sure China has it's own suppliers of materials. Not the same one as in Hope. that's why I care where they are made. Maybe I'm being unfair but that is my opinion.

Do you honestly believe that the US, China, and the rest of the world receives materials from different suppliers worldwide? Were you not reading/hearing the news of pet food poisoning lately? Many national and independently owned labels all received the same food from the exact same source. There isn't nor has been for the longest time independent suppliers, it all comes from the same place for decades now.

Arguments like yours are quite petty, and I mean no offense to you as a person. To me the rationale behind the above argument is the same that often visits these boards; speaker wire. Can you really tell a difference if one even exist? From what I have gathered over the years, the answer, providing the gauge is the same would be a big fat no. However to concede, the further you move up in the "price" game supposedly there is indeed a difference. However, to me if your spending that much money on wires, you have lost all touch with reality.

Dr Venkman,

It's actually sad that you feel this way: " I could care less where my sprekers are made...". I wonder if you'll still feel that way when YOUR job is sent out of the country. Americans want to have all of the high paying jobs but then turn around and purchase the cheapest products they can get their greedy hands on. In general, Americans today (and I am an American) want to APPEAR like they have their %^&$ together- "Look at me! I have a brand new Cadillac Escalade with the biggest damn wheels that'll fit on this thing but the roof on my house leaks all over my leather Nike's that I just paid 200.00 for!!".

Never mind the issue of expense, have you ever seen the working conditions in China? Those people work 14-16 hour days and make less in a week than you paid for those pants you bought at Wal-Mart that THEY made!!!!

I know it's impossible to buy everything US made but I for one refuse to stop trying.

Enjoy your China made products- I'll see you down in the unemployment line!!

I agree. Klipsch originated in Hope and has its roots there. Hopefully it still makes a difference. The "buy from America" thing is a different issue. I want my speakers made in Hope because I truly believe that they make a better product that overseas can make. Even if that is not true, it is what I believe and physiologically it makes a difference to me and allows me to sleep better at night.

i am not sure where you were going with the "buy from America" quote but i will explain what i meant. i am not saying only buy American goods period. i am just saying when it comes to klipsch speakers i want to buy from the original factory but the original workers. i want to make sure those workers with pride, love, and craftsmanship in their hands continues to have a job. i agree with you about the differences in the speakers, i believe the Hope speakers are better, so to me they will sound better, its all a mind set.

LONG LIVE HOPE!

• Moderators

There is almost nothing you can buy that at least one part is made in another country !

As far as the quality of the hope products, it is as good as anyone should expect from a 1'st class operation.

We ( people at the pilgrimage ) got to see the plant while operating, got to meet the people, they care about what they do, and are very good at it. It shows in the finished products. Most of the employees have been there many years, many over 15 or 20 years !

I do a little woodworking, and was very impressed with the quality. When I build something I have all the time I need, the people in Hope don't have that much time to play around (Like me) and the speakers still come out like they had all the time in the world. I guess that's what happens when you do that type of work all the time.

I spent most of my time on the tour looking at the cabinets, to me the drivers look alike, the quality of the cabinet is what you will be looking at in 20 years. We got to see everything there not just what they wanted us to see, there were some sets of speakers just sitting around on pallets, LaScalas, Khorns and I think Cornwalls.

If you get the chance go to the Next Pilgrimage that is in Hope and see for yourself, you will have no question of the quality. If not just look at the pic's from last year, there are many to look at.

If you don't want to not have something made in China, spend the money and move up the line to something made in Hope, real wood and better drivers.

I had Synergy when I first found Klipsch and the were the best sound, by far for the money, I compared them to many brands. I did not care where they were made, I had no idea where the other brands were made either ?

She says if we're going to charge anything It's gonna be on something more important than speakers.

Like what exactly?

I don't freakin know. furniture or something I guess. I can honestly say though, throughout her little "episodes", I have managed to get my entire setup without charging anything. But it took me about 4 years to do...

I'm Chinese, and have taken serious offense to this thread! Not really, just joking. I'm Filipino. Made in US, made in China, India, Mars, Jupiter, or where ever, you guys are missing the point of Klipsch. Klipsch are made to please your ears and your listening preferences. If it's that big of a deal to you guys, why didn't you buy speakers/ gear that is made in the US? Because you like the sound of Klipsch no matter where it was made! Let's bring the whole point of this thread back.

The synergy series, (to me), is about dominating the market at that price/ performance level. It would be really tough to find another speaker setup that can out perform my setup at the same price. (speakers) Especially now that theyr'e discontinued. (they're like half of what I paid now) As far as buying at BB being a good or bad thing, I guess that really depends. Does it make Klipsch seem like a little less? Maybe. Like when Walmart started selling Starter. People used to get killed when I lived in New York for their Starter jackets. But you gotta look at it from both sides. Just think about how many people walked into a BB with the intent of buying maybe a Bose, or some other speaker system. They had probably NEVER heard of Klipsch in their life, and wah lah, all of a sudden,they have these amazing sounding speakers, at an upbeatable price. Like I said in my earlier post, I've been overseas, and didn't even know that BB sold Klipsch. But I probably would have bought from there if I was in the states. I only bought online because it was the only access to Klipsch I had over here, and I'm a die hard Klipsch lover. All my other stuff was purchased at Satelite City in Tucson.

• Moderators

I agree. Klipsch originated in Hope and has its roots there. Hopefully it still makes a difference. The "buy from America" thing is a different issue. I want my speakers made in Hope because I truly believe that they make a better product that overseas can make. Even if that is not true, it is what I believe and physiologically it makes a difference to me and allows me to sleep better at night.

i am not sure where you were going with the "buy from America" quote but i will explain what i meant. i am not saying only buy American goods period. i am just saying when it comes to klipsch speakers i want to buy from the original factory but the original workers. i want to make sure those workers with pride, love, and craftsmanship in their hands continues to have a job. i agree with you about the differences in the speakers, i believe the Hope speakers are better, so to me they will sound better, its all a mind set.

LONG LIVE HOPE!

Go ahead with your bad self InVeNtOR .[Y]

Made in US, made in China, India, Mars, Jupiter, or where ever, you guys are missing the point of Klipsch. Klipsch are made to please your ears and your listening preferences. If it's that big of a deal to you guys, why didn't you buy speakers/ gear that is made in the US? Because you like the sound of Klipsch no matter where it was made! Let's bring the whole point of this thread back.

That was exactly my point. Some of the posts in this thread come across as thinly veiled racist comments. IMO, pride of workmanship depends on the worker, not his or her nationality.

Just because I am pro-american and prefer to buy american does not make me a racist is any way, shape or form. It has nothing to do with nationality. I prefer to support american workers instead of foreign workers. If that american worker is chinese, or any other nationality I am fine with that. As long as he is going to go to help put money back into the american economy. It gets real old real quick when people accuse you of being racist because you choose to buy and support american.

• Like 1

i am with xdetroitx, lets not make this a political discussion.

the bottom line is, there is a group of people in this forum, i am one of them, that would prefer a Hope made klipsch speaker by the people who started making them. no one is saying the other speakers are bad in any way shape or form. please don't jump to conclusions, if you have to read the responses more than once, then take a second to think about it. all of klipsch speakers are built and crafted in a way that makes them a superior product, no matter who or where they are built.

boy this tread has taken a left turn.

please no more accusations or labeling, lets keep it clean...

How did this thread get SO off topic? Its supposed to be "what is the synergy series about". Not Do you care where your Klipsch's are made, or Klipsch isn't supporting America. Or Klipsch is inferior now because they're made in China. I hate it when this happens to threads. Where your speakers are made has NOTHING to do with what the Synergy Series is about. And no one accused you guys of being racists.

Yeah, I am sort of bummed mine say Made In China on them. Ill make sure my next pair does not. As it is obvious by that last statement I will be upgrading.

From when I bought my first Klipsches (KG_4s) in 1989 I have been concerned about place of manufacture. It was important to me and comforting that they were made in Hope. I was actualy very disappointed when I discovered the Made in China issue. Oh well, everything changes. At least some Klipsches are still made american.

Isn't it American?

• Like 1

Just because I am pro-american and prefer to buy american does not make me a racist is any way, shape or form. It has nothing to do with nationality. I prefer to support american workers instead of foreign workers. If that american worker is chinese, or any other nationality I am fine with that. As long as he is going to go to help put money back into the american economy. It gets real old real quick when people accuse you of being racist because you choose to buy and support american.

America please, come on you guys. If you claim to be pro-American, at least capitalize the name of the country.

xdetroitx...

I wasn't aiming my comment towards you. I apologize.

I think choosing to buy American products when possible is a good thing. What bothers me is when people think only American workers have pride of workmanship. I'm a guitar player and I can certainly tell you there are Chinese, Japanese, and Korean guitars that are excellent in every way.

The manufacturing company is ultimately responsible for the quality of their product, not the worker. If Klipsch is happy with their MIC product, why shouldn't you be?

Yeah, I am sort of bummed mine say Made In China on them. Ill make sure my next pair does not. As it is obvious by that last statement I will be upgrading.

From when I bought my first Klipsches (KG_4s) in 1989 I have been concerned about place of manufacture. It was important to me and comforting that they were made in Hope. I was actualy very disappointed when I discovered the Made in China issue. Oh well, everything changes. At least some Klipsches are still made american.

Isn't it American?

Sorry Colter,

It was 3:00 am in the morning and I had just finished a 12 hour shift, and I am all fuzzy from cold medicine. So, yes it's American!

• Like 1