Help out the old guy...

Trey Cannon

Hey gang, I don't get down this way much, but we just picked up the xbox360 and I am trying to learn some things about it.

Any users, geeks that can help me find how to hear the game in the com / headset?

If I understood you correctly, you want the game's music,sounds,chat etc. only through the head set, then you can't. You only hear VOICE/CHAT when using the MS headset. There is an mute button and volume knob on the part that plugs into the controller. There is an option on the dashboard to output the voice chats through the speakers or headset too.

Now if your problem is you can't hear anyone when playing a mulitplayer game or others can't hear you, the you have to check your NAT settings (Dashboard somewhere under the Network Testing blade). NAT should be "OPEN" otherwise, you would have some difficulties joining MP games or chat problems.

To get an OPEN NAT, you need to use port forwarding (configured in the router). The ports needed are the 3 below (LIVE1 LIVE2 LIVE3)

post-16043-13819329828574_thumb.jpg

• Klipsch Employees

Here is what I found. 

My head set for my phone will work on the com. They are stereo head phones with a mic. The mic and right headphone works well. 

I wanted to hear the stereo music while hearing the com.
After reading more, I don''t think the unit can do that. 

Sounds like a good upgrade...

Thanks for the input.

the router info should help me get the PS2 online with GT4...

Trey-I don't know your gaming tastes, but Socom is pretty good for the PS2. I haven't played in a while, but it's online and up to 32 players in a game-16 per side. You can also do the missions in four-man groups and the mic stays live the whole time, which is pretty cool once you get used to it. The latest version is called, "Socom, Combined Assault."

-David

Well there are other ways of hearing the stereo music with the com if you're good with a soldering iron [;)] It wouldn't be too difficult to make a 2 channel mixer that takes the audio feeds from both the headset jack and the normal audio output jacks. Heck, if you're lazy you could just purchase one of them $20 mixers and make up a few cables.

• Klipsch Employees

Knowing some of the "things" that are coming down the pike for Klipsch,I see some things that could be done to make that better.

I can't say much, but if I am right, it could be cool.

I will fill you in as I can.

Thanks guys