Time to Sign up for the MD-DC-VA October 20 Klipsch/Strathmore Fest

LarryC

Update -- those below are all signed up for the concert, and I have nearly everyone's check:

Gary (Garymd)

Marty (Thebes)

Dhar and Sophia

Mark (Klipsched with Yamahas)

Chuck (Colonial Hoo)

Steve (CustomSteve01) and Caroline

Mike Lindsey

Steve (Skonopa)

Gil (Wm Gil McDermott)

Rick (Audio Flynn)

Travis (dwilawyer)

Janice (from the local Beethoven Society, as my guest)

Jim Joy (friend)

This is about as big as I'd like the group to get, both from the standpoint of how many people can fit in Gary's place and mine, and how spread out we'll be at the concert. So, I think I'd better close off "registration." I'll be glad to consider hard cases. Tickets to this concert go on public sale on Aug. 1, after which people may have to get their tickets directly from the box office.

Larry

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It looks like you can relax this year! No problems so far, at least."

Ah but will the Maestro, like a modern day Caruso singing 19th century Italian opera, save the drama for the third act?[:D]

Gollyee jee wilikers, a classical allusion. Sure do hope I got it right!

Ah but will the Maestro, like a modern day Caruso singing 19th century Italian opera, save the drama for the third act?[:D]

Time will tell!

P.S. Make sure I make it to the restaurant just prior to the concert![li] Remember, I have the tickets.

• 3 weeks later...

This may turn out to be a very busy weekend, since I've now been asked to help judge SQ for VA State finals in Charlottesville, VA. Does anyone have a clue on what time we may be finishing up Saturday night? Trying to figure the logistics for that weekend, and I know it is a 3-3.5 hour drive from Bethesda. Somewhere I must get some sleep, so I may come up Saturday afternoon as opposed to morning, depending on the agenda.

Glad I just got NEW tires put on the car.

I'll be flying into Baltimore on Friday night, and thanks to Marty will get to crash at his place again. I understand Craig and Michael Colter will be staying there as well, so am really looking forward to it.

Thanks again, Marty! I'll buy your dinner on Saturday night... it's the least that I can do. [:D]

Mike

Hard to estimate, but the concert starts at 8:00, will likely let out by 10:30 p.m.

Strathmore is right next to the I-495 Beltway -- there's a little detouring to head toward Virginia, but it's not bad. You'll want to be at the restaurant, in mid-town Bethesda, by 5:15 p.m.

Larry

Hey Larry, I was just notified by my Event Director that the 10/21 Crutchfield show in Charlottesville, VA has been cancelled due to a mixup on their end, so I can start my day a little earlier, and FULLY enjoy the experience.

Translation: I can come up Saturday mid-late morning if necessary to partake in the early day festivities.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if I can get there- flight schedules are NOT Colter-friendly that weekend.

Can anyone figure out how I can get from Indy to Baltimore Friday evening- not too late?

Then leave Baltimore for Indy sometime Sunday afternoon?

I need those times in order to make the Baltimore-DC shuttle provided by Gary and Marty

I'm having trouble justifying a $350 ticket, although the concert and company will be awesome.....[:S]