Please help picking power amp for 5.1 RF-7 set up

boston_klipsch

Please help with selection between these three 5 Channels power Amp

1. ADCOM GFA-7805 Rated 300 WPC

2.Acurus 200 FIVE rated 200 WPC

3. Rotel RMB-1095 rated 200 WPC

Can someone with experienced with both of these help ...

Which some is sound better with the RF-7 5.1 HT set up

80% movies

20% Music

Of course the Adcom and the Rotel costs me a little bit more than the Acurus

But regardless of the price which one is better sounding for the RF-7....

Thanks

I almost went with that Rotel and then came across B&K. I would highly recommend the B&K over the Rotel for several reasons: 1- Even though I never compared them side by side, I prefer the sound of the B&K. I liked the Rotel but the very first time I heard the B&K, I knew it sounded awsome. The sound made an immediate impression on me, the Rotel didn't. 2- The build quality of the B&K puts the Rotel to shame (try comparing the speaker binding posts). 3- The B&K is made right here in the USA, the Rotel is imported.

Do yourself a favor and listen to a B&K before you buy the Rotel (I can't say anything about the others), I think you'll be sold, too. It's in the same ballpark as far as price but really does out-perform the Rotel.

I read a post on here by someone else that had the B&K and the RF-7's and they said that they had the volume cranked-up (I can only listen to my system at -12 to -9db comfortably) close to or at max volume and couldn't hear any distortion and the amp wasn't clipping. The post said that they couldn't be in the room when they did it and I can believe it, those RF-7's sound so sweet and can play WAY louder than I could stand to listen.

Good luck.

thanks for the help guys

But my budget is limited between $1000.00 and $1500.00

and those are the three that i saw on audiogon that in the price range

What do you guys think of this Amp

Sunfire CINEMA GRAND SIGNATURE 400-FIVE FIVE CHANNEL ...because i can get this Sunfire amp for less than $1500.00 ....How does the SUNFIRE sound with the Klipsch RF-7 ?

I have heard amps from all three of these manufactures with klipsch speakers and the nod goes to the rotel it provides more bottom end punch then the other two. I have always found adcom amps to have a dry/bright signature to them which doesn't match well with the rf7's. I recently purchased an emotiva mps-1 and It mates very well with my rf7's as it is 200 watts per channel into 8 ohms,300 into 4 ohms,and 400 into two ohms. I suggest you take a look at it as you can order it in the 5 channel configuration for 1300 and free shipping. Emotiva also has a thirty day return policy if you do not find you like the amp. You can also add the other two channels down the road if you need then for 200 per channel since each channel is a mono configuration so each has its own power supply. This is important for ht because each channel will always have the max power available at any given time instead of amps like the adcom and acurus that share a single power supply for all five channels. Lastly you could also look at the offerings from outlaw audio. I have not heard or owned any, but I have owned an ati amp which is what outlaws designed is based on. Other forum members could provide better info on the outlaw.

Have not heard the Acurus or Adcom.

I added a Rotel RB-1080 (2 channel) to drive a pair of RF-7 within a 5.1 HT config. I like the outcome very much. I bought Rotel because it was locally available and I could try it at home. There is a lot of support for this product with the RF-7 on this forum. For tighter budgets, I've heard good reports on the Emotiva also but never heard it.

Roger

Thanks again guys

Since I already have the Rotel RSX-1056 as my receiver for the 5.1 set up .... I'm more now leaning toward the Rotel

Is the Rotel RMB-1075 .... 125WPC.... that much of an upgrade over my receiver ... 75WPC.....

Or should I go for the RMB-1095 which is .....200WPC .... but cost a bit more

does anyone here have experienced with either RMB-1075 or RMB-1095 with the RF-7 ?

dvcdude

At the moment I currently use an onkyo 804 as a pre pro for the lossless audio processing via hdmi, but I plan to replace it as soon as more hdmi prepros show up on the market at less than 3000 price tags. Hopefully by the end of the year emotiva will release their new prepro with hdmi 1.3 and losless audio processing.

boston klipsch

If you have to have a rotel go with the 200 watt per channel version. You will gain more headroom with the rf7's. Also the more powerful rotel amp should be able to handle the rf7's independence dips at certain frequencies. As I have no experience with the two rotelsyou are deciding upon check the manufactures website to make sure the amp is stable into 2 ohms.

I recommended the B&K in an earlier post and think you should give it a try. Are you looking at the 4430 on ebay? The one in Grosse Pointe, Michigan for $300.00? That would be a nice buy, it only has 1 bid. If you could get that AND the two channel for less than $1500.00 you would have one sweet-*** set up. I live around the corner (not literally) from them, I could even go check them out for you if you were interested. You can email me: thecelticcompany@comcast.net.

Good Luck!

How about this 3 channels amp from B&K

B&K Reference 4430 Multi-Channel Amplifier 3 channels

200 x 3

is this same have the same design as the you have mentioned ....

Yes, it will certainly do the trick, and yes their 2, 3 and 5 channel reference amplifiers all have similar if not identical specs. and sound great with the 7's. You'll notice a much blacker backround and a noticable improvement at LOWER listening levels.