Most important component

"visa card is most important"

Sure it is. It's needed for the next tweak.

So ears and mood possibly have something to do with this? What might that be, and what role do they play in relation to everything that came before them?

Where are you going with this Erik?

I sence a mission in the offing perchance.....

Oh the mood thing - I am not sure it is quite as catagoric as that. I often use music to change my mood - most nights actually.

After work I am usually tense and wound like a spring. Spending time with wife and child helps for sure - but there is still an element of....I don't know....performance - more for daughter than wife admittedly.

Once both have gone to bed however I can relax and it is the music that enables me to do this. I am not sure if I have mentioned previously on here (probably have - memory of a goldfish) but I used to be insomniac to a huge degree. I would watch TV until bedtime and then lie awake for hours unable to get my mind to shut down.

When I stopped watching TV at night and started listening to music that changed dramatically. I am now usually asleep within moments of getting into bed. My mood may have affected my musical choices (I wouldn\t listen to AC/DC before bed - actually ever probably) - but that is also a 2 way street. Music changes my mood - pure and simple.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have noticed that if I don't take my crazy pills I end up listening to Norwegian death metal or Barry Manilow. 

Max of course you are right music can change your mood. It is pretty hard to get in a hurry or freak out if your listening to reggae, ska, calypso or other island music.

I feel like I'm in Erik's classroom taking a course in psychology 101 of audio components...[^o)]

There are so many variables that everyone here has touched base on; guess there's really no right or wrong answer here. But I do agree with Dave's assessment with source material being possibly the prime factor as the most important component. You also can't argue with your ears or the mood you're in, the electricity in your home, the very room itself, the loudspeakers, et al...all very plausible points.

Erik, I wouldn't concern yourself so much with what factors most as the most important component...just sit back and enjoy the music! I am right now.[;)]

Since the ? was most important,and I'm sure it's been said but.....the speakers,then pre,then amp,then source,of course imo.Cables and all the rest pale in comparison to the difference these make.