what to do with a broken washing machine?

mungkiman

And I thought you were going to show how to make a sub woofer out of it...

Have you ever seen one of those things farmers pull behind a tractor in the feild that has these rows of mounted steel dish-like things about two to three feet in diameter? In this part of the country there are folks that remove those old disks, remove the paint, mount them above a propane tank and do outdoor cooking. The disk is about 1/8 inch thick steel and has a handy hole in the center for grease release. One of these plows (don't know what they are named) will yield over a dozen of the cooker dishes...

post-16099-13819330208808_thumb.jpg

Have you ever seen one of those things farmers pull behind a tractor in the feild that has these rows of mounted steel dish-like things about two to three feet in diameter? In this part of the country there are folks that remove those old disks, remove the paint, mount them above a propane tank and do outdoor cooking. The disk is about 1/8 inch thick steel and has a handy hole in the center for grease release. One of these plows (don't know what they are named) will yield over a dozen of the cooker dishes...

pauln,

That would be a "disc (or disk) harrow".

- Jim

• Moderators

pauln,

- Jim

Aren't these city guys too funny....that reminds me of the time my sister- in- law came to visit and we were proudly showing our "cornfield" to her, ...she promptly asked, "How many years does it take before it makes corn?". I thought that was too funny.

I have also seen an old washing machine placed outside of a house and used as a "firebox" for indoor heat. I can't remember how those folks had installed everything, but it worked really good. That washing machine put off more heat than those folks could have ever used.

pauln,

- Jim

Kinda related to the 'coulter' (really)

1. Coulter disc.

Flat or fluted,

continuous or scalloped cutting edge, free swivelling or rigid in the

vertical plane and running parallel to the travel direction. Soil

disturbance and soil throw are a function of the disc attributes

(smooth, bubble, ripple or wavy) and settings (cutting depth and

operating speed). Common disc diameters range between 430 millimetres

(17 inches) and 508mm (20in.) and no side forces are generated. Coulter

disc applications include deep soil disturbance, residue cutting, and

seed and fertiliser banding (sometimes in association with tine and

point openers).

Thanks for the info about the harrow. The internet is great for searching if you know the name of something. I did an image search on tractor, plow etc until I found pictures of it but it provided no names...

So these things operate in parallel single ended mode, right?

Last year I took my family on a camping trip to the Canadian Rockies.. On our way there we stayed / camped in Drumheller Alberta where they have an amazing Dinosaur museum. The campsite we stayed was very unremarkable except for their "Mobile Fire Pits"... one part Washing machine and one part lawn mower.... I still chuckle when I see this picture...[:P]

post-22075-13819330255326_thumb.jpg

Guest Anonymous

I put my broken washing machine out on the front lawn next to the broken fridge and old rusted out Chevy Chevette. Your given me a good idea, perhaps I should lite them on fire.

The old Chevy Chevette. It fit just right on the sidewalks on main street.....hehehehe!!!!

• 2 weeks later...