Holy crap, everybody turn on the news about Virginia Tech...

ibanezhater

Reading more on this tragic event I have to say...

The student wrote very troubling works where violence and hate spills out. And some teacher(s) informed those who could have acted and yet little to nothing was done.No preventive actions taken!

The student was closed,at a distance from the others...a loner. Another ingredient for this type of tragedy.

Finally he purchased weapons,bullets and when he started to shoot,those in charge when gun shots where heard and first death confirmed ...in oblivion ...the place should be locked down. Where is security? Classes continue!!! Is this how emergency tactics work! Who runns the place...dwarves,clowns or the grim reaper? When you have the first gun shot,even hear one an EMERGENCY response must be undertaken.

This tragic incident reminds me of the World Trade Center tragedy. WHY? Because the mor ons who where in charge told the workers in the second tower(the second one hit)to go back to work ....these humanoids sent so many people to thier deaths! I have no sympathy for irresponsible and ignorant people being in charge.These criminals send people to thier deaths because they make childish mistakes,and they are paid to be competent and act when needed.

And several hours later the gunman walks about the place and shoots people in classroms...full of students! Someone was incompetent and this incompetence costed lives ,many lives! And slow as snail rush by police/SWAT to eliminate the mad gunner....I do not even have words for this speedy and effective work.

It is a time to mourn for the families,but there should be a transparent investigation. The lack of actions against the gunman is SCARY and REVOLTING.

I would think that any worker in the second tower, or any student
aware of the shooting, could make a decision for themselves and FLEE.

We
need more education and health care, less Oprah and Imus, and the
ability to think for ourselves. Any people, agency, or government, are
acting wisely if for the "greater good", even if they aren't
considering you, personally.

Give help, do good, offer support and praise, but watch out for the "other guy"...

nice edit, mas!

What would be nice is if the cute comments were clear enough to understand their meaning.

If they don't want to do that, then they should be prepared for what they get ...[:P]

Agreed!

This is obviously an inflammatory topic, and I would also appreciate a

limit to any personal slander. Forum members should be able to disagree

without resorting to insults.

I was sincere with my "edit" comment, and hope to keep this thread alive.

peace

Evil people do Evil Things..............No matter what the ages of students, it was still a school, they are there to learn......Our Children should be safe at SCHOOL, and should be safe at CHURCH, and deserve better than some EVIL person shooting up a campus...........Now we'll hear about all his problems growing up...........who cares, doesn't give him the right to do that.........."Teach Your Children Well"...............EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally he purchased weapons,bullets and when he started to shoot,those in charge when gun shots where heard and first death confirmed ...in oblivion ...the place should be locked down. Where is security? Classes continue!!! Is this how emergency tactics work! Who runns the place...dwarves,clowns or the grim reaper? When you have the first gun shot,even hear one an EMERGENCY response must be undertaken.

This tragic incident reminds me of the World Trade Center tragedy. WHY? Because the mor ons who where in charge told the workers in the second tower(the second one hit)to go back to work ....these humanoids sent so many people to thier deaths! I have no sympathy for irresponsible and ignorant people being in charge.These criminals send people to thier deaths because they make childish mistakes,and they are paid to be competent and act when needed.

And several hours later the gunman walks about the place and shoots people in classroms...full of students! Someone was incompetent and this incompetence costed lives ,many lives! And slow as snail rush by police/SWAT to eliminate the mad gunner....I do not even have words for this speedy and effective work.

It is a time to mourn for the families,but there should be a transparent investigation. The lack of actions against the gunman is SCARY and REVOLTING.

Again, it is always easy to second guess and armchair quarterback after the fact. I'm not saying what was done was right and obviously errors in judgment/policy will come to surface for all institutes to follow in the future. I can guarantee if the same incident happened at other universities you would have gotten the same results.

As far as his writings, it will be interesting to see what was done. However what can you do in our society, it seems to me that if you simple write a story, particularly in his major, that doesn't fly well with the professor you impeed on his freedom of speech. What about the person that wrote Silence of the Lambs?

"And yup, I may inflict harm! But I might do so at any time in a myriad number of ways."

If I have confused any with the statement, just like I might use self-deprecating humor as I am well aware of my capabilities, I am simply using 'myself' as an example of 'everyman' - that any person so inclined is capable of committing whatever act you most fear! ...Especially in the context of everything else that was written referring to individual responsibility. And it is easier to make myself he target rather than others who will simply respond defensively...

If this has caused confusion, I am sorry....as it is hard to determine exactly how others interpret this stuff...

[:P]

Fwiw, If this was geared towards me, my comment to this observation was a joke and the rest were thoughtful response to your opinion.

I realize the importance of Individual responsibility and I don't think anything I said would tread on that. I agree that communication is a two way street and I did my best to get my points across. [C]

It takes a village? Nor am I talking of social engineering by imposing my ideas on someone else. All you have to do is acknowledge the existing rules of common sense and demand compliance within your sphere of influence - no more...

You and I are on the same page here.

Handguns are made to kill people...............Only LAW ENFORCEMENT should have them............A person walking in off the street should not be allowed the right to buy a Handgun............These stupid laws must change..........I am not talking about rifles, shotguns, and such, Hunting is fine with me............but ........... Handguns are another subject.......Semi-Automatic assualt rifles are another subject.........Time this country comes to it's senses....talk is cheap.....and before someone post's that the Constitution gives us the right to bear arms...........Please, 1776 there were no semi automatics...........they were cap and ball.......and everyone was a Military...........Handguns are made to kill people...............

Morning OB,

I am in total agreement with you. I can't wait until they are all gone. I will be very happy then. Non Lethal weapons should be the norm. If we can get the criminals re-armed with non-lethal weapons and keep them responsible we will have a better world. There has to be a way to get rid of EVERY ONE OF THEM. Not a SINGLE ONE left. I doubt this will happen. I think we should employ the handgun criminals and have them shoot the tobacco producers. I'm an addicted smoker too. Then we can turn them all in and live happily ever after. I guess the Lobbyists and paid off politicians do run our country though.

HarryO

Give help, do good, offer support and praise, but watch out for the "other guy"...

That sounds like a good plan. We do it on an individual basis on the things we can control, and people in society must do things collectively that promotes positive growth within that society, imo.