Heresy III as fronts ??

mike52

Any thoughts on using Heresy III as fronts in HT with RC3 and RS3 as center and surround? I will use for 40% music listening. I have RB5-II and they are not cutting it for listenting to music. Will the Heresy match my RC3 or will it be a huge difference? whats a good price for the Heresy also?

Heritage and Reference are a very different sound. If you can fit it, a 3rd Heresy as a center would be the perfect setup.

I believe the center speakers that best matched the Heritage speakers are the Academy and KLF-C7 which haven't been made in several years and can be difficult to find in the pre-owned market.

The new reference series floorstanders would probably blend with your RC-3 better than a Heresy would.

as someone who uses Heresys (original with BEC crossovers) as Mains for Home Theater...the KLF-C7 or the Academy will not be the best for you...the good news is, for the price, you can get another set (or for less money but even harder to find) of Heresys and use one for the center...there is great joy in the front three all being the same speaker...mine are a delight...even when compared to having Quartets and a popbumpered Academy for center to compare them to...good luck,

Bill

Nice Heresys are in the $450 range locally or more with shipping...DON'T ship if you can find them locally...it would be hit or miss on them getting damamged (more hits) unless your seller is REALLY great at packing them...and even then...don't make yourself cry.

Bill