Cables, Cables, Cables

kirath

Excuse me here for a moment because you probably have all seen this question before.

I just bought a KSW-12 subwoofer last night.. And I am having a hard time deciding which cable I should pick up. I have looked at the monster cables and IXOS.

The IXOS looks like the best one so far, the IXOS 1081 interconnect... I was wondering what you all would recomend for cables for this subwoofer, what cables have you had expereince with. ??? Thanks

Kirath,

I have a bit less than a 6 foot run, and went with some good 'ol rad shack gold interconnects. The Mono to stereo vcr dubbing cable was PERFECT, and actually $3 cheaper than just the y-connector. I just don't use the spare video part. Price=$11

I think you'll find that these cables are generally very good quality. Work fine for me. You want the shortest length you can get away with.

T-man

I have used several different cables for my KSW 12 and haven't noticed much(you might who knows) of a difference. However, if you are concerned about the durability of your cables I would suggest staying away from Monster. I have had quite a few Monster brand cables break at the soldered connection between cables and connector.

------------------

lerajie

I'll throw my $0.03 in. When I got my PW-2200, I went straight with Audioquest Sidewinder, 9m, with subwoofer kit. I wasn't terribly impressed with Monster quality, and while the AQ was expensive, about $130 I think, I have been impressed. Haven't tried any of the others, but very pleased with what I have.

• 2 weeks later...