1960 mahogany cornwall guts

as i sit at home abusing muscle relaxers, (legally i might add) i should be working but tweeked my back and am at home popping pills and coming in and out of consciousness. i got to looking at my cornwall and decided to remove the back and take a looksee. it appears that the back hasn't been removed in it's 47 years of existence. i thought some might be interested in looking at pics.

post-18625-13819334065748_thumb.jpg

Could you do a close-up of the silver disc in the middle of the back of the woofer? I'd like to see if it's a 15WK EV. On the ones I've seen, the "K" has been stamped in right after the 15W, most visible in slanting light. However, I've only seen the bronze pots, that color is a first for me. Thanks.

The 15WK has long been my favorite woofer, but must be balanced with the rest of the system.

as i sit at home abusing muscle relaxers, (legally i might add) i should be working but tweeked my back and am at home popping pills and coming in and out of consciousness. i got to looking at my cornwall and decided to remove the back and take a looksee. it appears that the back hasn't been removed in it's 47 years of existence. i thought some might be interested in looking at pics.

I think I have the sister/brother to your speaker. Please post a picture of your grill cloth? Any interest in selling her?

the serial is #122. gilbert, i doubt you have the match. there were only 23 cornwalls made in this style. there are only three others that i am aware of. one, a gentleman in london purchased with a matching pair of khorns for $10,000. the second one is in the klipsch museum, and the third is owned by khorn51 or khorn58 whichever is moniker is now.

wow, that was a nice nap [|-)]

post-18625-1381933409001_thumb.jpg