AVB Direct

BC Canuk

I've never bought from him but read the reviews and buyer beware. There are a fair number of negative reviews saying the seller doesn't have the items in stock and only gets them after he receives the money. He might not be able to get what it is you've asked for. I'm doubtful he's an authorized dealer.

Three hours, hmm, Campbell River, maybe? Waddya know, Copperpot, I'm not the only islander.

My buddy in Nanaimo missed out on a pair of Fortes at a really good price last year because the wife thought they were too big for the family room. Have you ever seen any Heresies for sale up there? I'm thinking of getting a pair or two for surround speakers, but I'd like to find some on the Island.

Just saw in a real estate ad this morning that Vancouver Island is as big as Holland. A lot more hilly, too.

I'm originally an East Coaster hence the picture of Halifax's Citadel Hill for an avatar. I haven't been out here for very long but I've searched high and low for Klipsch and the only place I can find them is London Drugs, and I hate buying them there. The staff aren't as knowledgeable as they would be at a specialty shop, the prices are fixed at the msrp, and there are only one or two employees that can wiggle the prices down 10-15% and if you're not there when they are working you have to come back another day.

I've only made it down to Victoria once so far but was pretty impressed by it, it reminded me a lot of Halifax too. I didn't make it to any Klipsch dealers though, I did the tourist thing and took in the sights.

Several months ago i wanted to update all my Klipsch. I was not willing to pay retail. I looked on ebay and took a chance on AVB Direct. My ebay user ID is milwcompguru and you can verify my feedback on several occasions.

Since January I have purchased a pair of RF-82 Floorstanders for 919.98 SHIPPED in black. A pair of RB-62 bookshelfves for 364.98 SHIPPED in black. And like you the RC-62 for a great price.

There was some delay on the RC62. But it was entirely fedex loosing the package. THey did finally find it and sent it. I can say that all sets of speakers I have purchased were brand new, sealed, original products with no defects whatsoever.

They have been very professional and customer service oriented as well. (I am crazy about tracking numbers and estimated ship dates and they responded well to all inquiries).

I recently learned that abt electronics and jr.com both are authorized dealers and had the rf-82 for 750/pair shipped and no tax. They offered free shipping and they are authorized so you get the warranty.

AVB Direct is good. Check around though at those 2 other stores as they are authorized resellers. (You must call and say you were referred to get special pricing not listed on their web site)

I purchased 4 RS-25's and an RW-10 from AVB Direct about 16 months ago. I called them direct and checked stock availability before ordering. They were very customer service oriented and shipped fast. All products were new in sealed box from factory. I was very happy with them because I was looking for best price at the time and not concerned with warranty. Now that I have starting upgrading, I only buy through Authorized Klipsch Dealers.

AVB is good, BUT they are not an Authorized Distributor. NO FACTORY WARRANTY!

I'm originally an East Coaster hence the picture of Halifax's Citadel Hill for an avatar. I haven't been out here for very long but I've searched high and low for Klipsch and the only place I can find them is London Drugs, and I hate buying them there. The staff aren't as knowledgeable as they would be at a specialty shop, the prices are fixed at the msrp, and there are only one or two employees that can wiggle the prices down 10-15% and if you're not there when they are working you have to come back another day.

I've only made it down to Victoria once so far but was pretty impressed by it, it reminded me a lot of Halifax too. I didn't make it to any Klipsch dealers though, I did the tourist thing and took in the sights.

I was wondering what that avatar image was. Although I'm from Ireland, I grew up in Quebec City and Victoria reminds me of it, with the old buildings and (slightly) hilly streets. Not nearly as much snow, I'm happy to say.

There are a couple of Klipsch Heritage dealers near Vancouver, but none that I'm aware of on the Island. I got my La Scalas (used) at Q-Lectronic here in Victoria. They're a vintage hi-fi shop. They have lots of used mid and high-end stuff including Klipsch sometimes and seem to know what they're talking about.Their site is at http://www.q-lectronic.com/ , but it may not be completely up to date. They're at 1545 Fort St in Victoria and their number is 250-595-5312.

Sound Hounds is a high-end dealer for lots of premium stuff, as well as a fair selection of used gear. They're across the street from Q-Lectronic, at 1532 Pandora St (it's one of those 5-corner intersections) and their number is 250-595-4434. Their site is at http://www.soundhounds.com/ , but it's just links to the websites of all the many lines they carry.

If you're in Victoria another time, it's definitely worth your while to check out both shops (Sound Hounds is not open Sundays and Mondays, Q-Lectronic is not open on Sundays). I live about 5 minutes drive from those shops, so If you like, you can contact me and have a listen to my La Scalas. You might like the Heritage sound.

It's not legal but there isn't much that can be done if someone has a small amount for their own use. Now if they are driving a vehicle on the other hand that is a different story. It's also different if the marihuana is individually packaged for selling, then they are trafficking. In any case the rcmp can seize the drugs and destroy it.

It's likely the police may have seen it and thought, hmm should I spend 45 minutes dealing with a joint or continue going to the theft/fraud/assault etc complaint? Which serves the greater good?

No, pot's not legal here, but the pot smokers aren't doing crimes to pay for it, unlike the IV drug users and crackheads, so the police set their priorities accordingly. Grow-ops are a different story, though, and are ranked with meth labs for police action. There seem to be more grow-ops and meth labs on the mainland, though, since the population's far larger.

I just got back from London Drugs, the one on Yates Street in Victoria. The salesman tells me that they don't stock Heritage speakers, but they can bring them in on special order. He had no price list and would have to call in to get prices. Also, the CEO of London Drugs has a pair of Klipschorns in his home system.

Hey, BC Canuk, I'm in Victoria. Where are you?

You guessed it, I'm from Victoria too. As you said Sound Hounds is a great place to buy high end audio on the Island. That place has character to spare and I like the people, not pushy but very knowledgable. I was considering going B&W for my system and was in there often but decided on Klipsch. Thanks for the info on AVB and others. Time to start shopping as I need not only the RC-62 but 2 - RS 52 and a RW10d sub.

Sure, just let me know when. The Scalas put a smile on my face every day.

BTW, I was at Lyle's yesterday and picked up the Neil Young "Live at Massey Hall 1971" CD and DVD. Haven't played the CD yet, but the DVD is certainly the best live recording I've ever heard and maybe the best recording, period! I had no idea Neil was such a good piano player and acoustic guitarist, and it all comes through.

I just got back from London Drugs, the one on Yates Street in Victoria. The salesman tells me that they don't stock Heritage speakers, but they can bring them in on special order. He had no price list and would have to call in to get prices. Also, the CEO of London Drugs has a pair of Klipschorns in his home system.

London Drugs does places orders for new Heritage from time to time.