Monster surge protector, good or no ? !

jdbrown82

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know about that specific one, but I have the HTS2600. A lot of people on here don't like Monster products, but I do. I honestly think that my power center made a big difference in my system's performance. I say get it, and if you don't like it, then take it back.

Monster makes good stuff but it's OVERPRICED.

I have been using APC Uninterpretable Power Supply's for years with great success. APC UPS's are not cheep but are well made and are of great value to me.

For computers I have "SmartUPS" units and for AV I have "BackUPS XS" units.

91609A20-5056-AE36-FE9D143109462ECE_f_v_

The orange LCD pops on during spikes, sags and during over-load conditions (like during cinema FX explosions.)

My BackUPS XS 1300VA units cost $149.00 + Tax each, @ my local Staples (great sale...)

As of today I am going to try out a "CyberPower" 1500VA unit for $167.00 (no tax, UPS delivered Next Day.)

BC1285Clarge.jpg

I have high hopes for this Blue LCD UPS...

~Noah

PS: Jay, that APC "type H" unit you listed looks interesting...

hudson vallet noah, they also make a battery backup model too but at 79 pounds geez!

Also one thing to note, you do not want to use most ups on home audio and such. Great for computers but in most instances ups or voltage regulators zap dynamics from the audio.

thanks a whole lot guys, ill definitely check those out. i know monster makes some really good hdmi/component etc. cables. but i had/have no idea about their surge protectors. i have been a fan of that brand for awhile. but like i said ill def check those others out. + i need a good one for the pc. for two computers that is..

thanks a whole lot guys, ill definitely check those out. i know monster makes some really good hdmi/component etc. cables. but i had/have no idea about their surge protectors. i have been a fan of that brand for awhile. but like i said ill def check those others out. + i need a good one for the pc. for two computers that is..

they make nicely made hdmi cable etc but it is still not very clear though test after test fail to conclude a double blind test to conclude people can actually hear a difference in cable. Unless the wire is poorly made (i.e. not properly test or falling apart) the video and audio should be fine.

they make nicely made hdmi cable etc but it is still not very clear though test after test fail to conclude a double blind test to conclude people can actually hear a difference in cable. Unless the wire is poorly made (i.e. not properly test or falling apart) the video and audio should be fine.

i agree 100%. i cant wait to actually get all this so i can post pics :)

jdbrown82, Sorry for ths minor hijacking but

Jay, I don't understand how this could be...

Who told you this? Where can I reference this "effect"?

I think it might ba a good idea to make this a topic in it own right,sound good?

Yup, I never heard of such a thing...

~Noah

say in the movie when it goes from quiet to loud transients the demand from the reciever and or amp might be limited due to a ups. This is due to the ups providing a constant voltage and amp. Many ups are rated below the 1800 watt that a plug theoretically can provide (volts * amp = watt, 120X15 = 1800 watts) Most ups can provide around 800 watts or so of limited power. Some high end amp and recievers can draw 1000 watts if needed which the ups cannot provide which means that the amp or reciever cannot provide that burst of power. Though it can be argued that a good reciever or amp should have enough capacitory capability or rail line current to provide but I am still not so sure.

yes their stuff definitely is high. especially their hdmi cables. .

check out monoprice.com for quality hdmi at a reasonable price. dust bunnies don't care if it has monster printed on it or not. i'm not a monster hater they have good products but at that price you can find better. and for lesser money you can find just as good.

if you're looking for a UPS make sure it passes power unaltered when not in use and a correct sinewave when operating.

I'm going to buy one of the Belkin models in the next few days. In you decide on one of those post here and I'll post the best prices I find in my eternal quest for a vendor to pay ME to take his product.

Keith

I ordered a Belkin yesterday from a seller with less than perfect past buyer reviews. If the transaction goes smoothly I'll post the info here. I don't care to recommend a company that I have no past experience with so I'll wait.

Keith

yeah let me know, im curious about it.

Right now Im thinking of going with the Monster Power HTS2600 mkll

2003923215108401828_rs.jpg

here are the specs -

dotGrey.gif

Dimensions: 6 1/4 H x 13 1/4 W x 19 7/8 D; weight: 15.42 lbs.

dotGrey.gif

Tri-Mode power protection circuitry with audible alarm and auto disconnect.

dotGrey.gif

T2 automatic disconnect/reconnect protection circuitry.

dotGrey.gif

$500,000 Connected Equipment Warranty.

dotGrey.gif

Monster Clean Power Stage 2 v.2.1 circuitry filter dramatically reduces electronic noise.

dotGrey.gif

1 pair of surge protected phone connectors with splitter.

dotGrey.gif

Dual LED bars indicate available voltage and current draw.

dotGrey.gif

5750 joule rating provides a high level of surge absorption.

dotGrey.gif

3 pair surge protected 2.5 GHz coax connectors.

dotGrey.gif

10 surge-protected, color-coded AC outlets.

dotGrey.gif

Triple-shielded 8 ft. PowerLine® 200 cable for maximum power transfer.

OK, I'll spill my guts early. I ordered this Tuesday (29th-I called them first and asked about availability-they had it in stock), they shipped it on Wednesday and UPS tracking says it will be delivered on Monday. Of course I can't tell you yet if it will arrive in one piece, if I'll get the correct item, or if their packing is worth a hoot. I'll post back when I receive the thing.

https://www.datavis.com/cgi-bin/product.exe?prrfnbr=465556

You might also try this seller. I just bought a wall mount for my LCD flat panel from them and the transaction went perfectly.

http://www.antonline.com/p_Belkin-Components--AP21300-12--Belkin-PureAV-2-Power-Console-PF40--13-outlet-_165442.htm

Belkin PureAV PF31-Black

Level 4 Power Protection

Phase 3 PureFilter Circuitry with Video, Audio, and HiCurrent Filters

Advanced Overvoltage Protection

Convenient console design fits perfectly in your Home Theater cabinet

LED Status display including input voltage and output current

2 HiCurrent Outlets for high-power amplifiers

Network Protection (RJ45) for Media Streamer Support

Lifetime Warranty

$500,000 Connected Equipment Warranty

11 Surge Protected Outlets

2 Line telephone/pay-per-view protection with splitter