Can you identify this speaker?

falcon20x

falcon,

looks like it could be a Khorn framed up with some custom trim.

to post a pic in the thread, click on the options tab. from there click on "add", then browse for the file, then post. It should show up in the thread.

falcon,

wow, I don't know what you've got. Can 't quite tell if that's a T35 or K77 mounted vertically on top of the midhorn. Also, is that mid horn sitting on the bottom of a larger horn? What is the text on the red sticker? Is that the woofer magnet? Where have you run across this beast? Most interesting.

What'cha got there is another Electro-Voice Patrician IV. It was a license built, upscaled Klipschorn with an 18" woofer. PWK even sent his own engineers to Buchanan to help set up production - you can imagine what a hit that must have been with EV's in house staff - but he was never really happy with the results and eventually terminated the agreement. The tweeter looks like the early T-35, the one without the phasing plug. It's a good speaker, although there's a reason K-Horns are still made and Patricians are not...

EV sold the Pats as kits or partially assembled, with the buyer adding his or her own "custom touches." Unfortunately, nowadays, a custom woodworking job, even an attractive one like that, will hurt resale a bit. You should still be able to get into the low 4 figures for it.

I originally thought it might be a Georgian, but those used different mid horns, and the crossover had a three digit number-I can't make out the number on the one here but it's pretty clearly 4 digit. The Pats' crossover was usually an X-2635.

See how tall it is. A Patrician IV will be 62" tall or thereabouts.

The cross over has the following on it

EV

Model X2635

Crossover network

Electrovoice

This is not one of my speakers but it is for sale locally, I think the seller wanted initially $ 1500.

I was just curious if it would be a good deal and if I could find a matching one, but you guys pretty much already answered those two questions.

thanks a lot

There is one in NJ that pops up on ebay regularly. The seller in NJ has tried to get as much as 2000 and as low as 1200 with no takers.

The problem with the Patrician IV is that there are a few versions. The desirable version is the factory built version. The undesirable version is the kit version made from home cut stock. In the middle you have Factory cut parts sold as a kit, and assembled at home.

Electrovice provided plans for folks to cut their own parts for the DIY speaker builder.

Before you buy a Patrician IV, evaluate if it is a factory assembled version or one made from home cut stock, and consider price accordingly.