Hey folks...

ben.

Tom B shot me an email the other day and I realized I haden't been around in a couple months. Weird how that happens sometimes.

I've been kinda burned out on the computer so I've left the old beast alone for a while other than to pay bills and check email a couple times per week. I assume by now that Dean has moved on to the Everest - prolly an even trade, too... I also assume that you all have resolved any remaining loose ends regarding proper amplifier power, analog sound and power filtering.

What's new w/ me? Well, I'm listening all day to my office rig consisting of my Altec 353A integrated, JBL 2500 bookshelves, and PS1 for a CDP. I'd love to have better speakers for it, but I'm just using what was around the house. The old Fisher SS console pull amp would probably do the trick, but I definitely got some vintage tube cred around the office for lugging in the Altec. Currently running Sov 5881WXT as they were in stock and $20/pr. Running cool and working fine... I need to rotate out the tunes, but listening a lot to "Wild Honey" by the Beach Boys, Marley's "Uprising", Death Cab for Cutie "Transatlanticism", Donna the Buffalo/Buffalo Zydeco, and the usual stuff...

I'm playing guitar in a regular but loose zydeco jam 3/4 times a month - having a riot with that and rotating to scrubboard and bass (my main instrument) as well. Just skanking on a Strat through a little old Vox is unbelievably enjoyable at this point.

Just thought I'd drop in and say high... what's new?

Howdy, Ben...

Been elsewhere alot lately as well...stop by every now and then, but I can't really comment on the going's-on here of late. Haven't seen The Parrot around for quite some time...others may know of his whereabouts, but I guess he's taking a break from this place (like HornED, Mobile Homeless, edster00 and others from the past).

I've been thoroughly enjoying the RB-75s on my SET system (thanks again for the opportunity to obtain 'em)!

And wankin' on a Les Paul Studio thru an old '60s Ampeg Reverberocket R-12-R would be unbelievably enjoyable for me if I knew how to play the blues on a guitar (and I don't...sigh).

Stay awhile, buddy!

Jim, that's a pretty nice rig for blues. Figure out the "blues box" on it and go from there. Shoot me an email if you want. Still at GC?

I never meant to take a break - I was actually quite at comfortable with the place unlike some of those mentioned, but I just ended up not online much at all for a while. Makes it difficult to post. I must admit.

If LPB is banned, that's a good reason to hang out for a while... heh...

I'm no longer at GC (too much corporate politics), so I moved on. My old GC store manager has that '57 Les Paul/'62 Ampeg tube amp deal, and fortunantly he can play old rock and the blues on it, and it's extremely sweet!

If Paul Loeber's banned, no wonder there's no PP verses SET excitement around here anymore...being a SET guy myself, I always enjoyed his rants!

Good to see ya, Ben - hope you are enjoying the zydeco band.....sounds like a good way to burn off steam from work!

I'm still merrily listening to the MC30 based system (gotta love those GECs) and knee deep in a whole house cleaning project.....hence my minimal posting here lately. With any luck, I'll have the brunt of the clean-up done by tomorrow and the VRDs installed[:)]