Screw It, Its Only Music

mas

"Screw it, it's only music. What are you gonna do? But
maybe it's time to get out of Vancouver."

I couldn't help but laugh at the refreshingly open comments by Stewart Copeland after the onset of the Police tour.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070601/en_nm/police1_dc

The real irony is how few in the audience ever recognize real train wrecks in live shows (be they performance or technical!), and as long as the band doesn't give it away, will think that it not only is a part of the act, but its radical innovation!

And actually, such gaffs are to be expected at the beginning of almost any tour...let alone with a group that has been off pursuing a plethora of individual efforts for so long...

And now would be a good time Buck to chime in and remind us how all of the musicians are simply screwing us as we push and shove to get in line to buy tickets...

What's your problem Mas ? Why the personal attacks? I've never done anything to you..........There are two sides to every coin, and I am entitled to my opinion, as you yours, ......................Do we need to do a DUEL or what ?

Old Buckster, you may be like how my wife describes me. She tells me I evoke involuntary irritation.

lol, I would have loved to be at the show...though....them Police guys have gotta be getting a little old these days. Wouldn't that be like my dad rocking out? lol

Mike, I guess you are already planning for your obsolescence when you reach 30. After all, once you know how to do it, what use is all of that experience and talent? ...Especially when there will be so many erudite and world weary 20 year olds to tell you that you haven't a clue. Why do I suspect that by then you will have a better understanding and appreciation of the origin of the phrase "Piss off"...

Their (The Police') only problem is that they are running cold (with almost no practice!) without having played together for how many years and without playing the songs in a formula manner! Their difference is that they know the problems and will not tolerate them!

You might want to check out what Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers do in their 'retirement'. Who cares about Sting... Thank goodness for handicapped access, otherwise they would have trouble getting their wheelchairs into all of the spots.

At least Mozart died before he was bereft wandering the streets obsolete at 30. Not like that has been Beethoven fellow who simply got in the way for an additional 22 years...

What's your problem Mas ? Why the personal attacks? I've never done anything to you..........There are two sides to every coin, and I am entitled to my opinion, as you yours, ......................Do we need to do a DUEL or what ?

I've got a three sided coin if that would help.

lol, I would have loved to be at the show...though....them Police guys have gotta be getting a little old these days. Wouldn't that be like my dad rocking out? lol

Mike, I guess you are already planning for your obsolescence when you reach 30. After all, once you know how to do it, what use is all of that experience and talent? ...Especially when there will be so many erudite and world weary 20 year olds to tell you that you haven't a clue. Why do I suspect that by then you will have a better understanding and appreciation of the origin of the phrase "Piss off"...

Their (The Police') only problem is that they are running cold (with almost no practice!) without having played together for how many years and without playing the songs in a formula manner! Their difference is that they know the problems and will not tolerate them!

You might want to check out what Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers do in their 'retirement'. Who cares about Sting... Thank goodness for handicapped access, otherwise they would have trouble getting their wheelchairs into all of the spots.

At least Mozart died before he was bereft wandering the streets obsolete at 30. Not like that has been Beethoven fellow who simply got in the way for an additional 22 years...

No age jokes please, please.

.. Thank goodness for handicapped access, otherwise they would have trouble getting their wheelchairs into all of the spots.

don't laugh ..

just seen Johnny Winter ....

they wheeled him out on stage ..

he still kicked A$$, tho ... [:P]

This is sad. Was he sick at the time? Did they actually wheel him out in a wheelchair?

I go to some old guys shows and it can be tough to watch. Most recently it was Bo Diddley. The last two times now he has had to sit in a chair and try and perform. He is somewhat sickly now but it is still hard to watch. I would have to say, based on the last show of his that I saw, that it is about over for Bo. He was always a mountain of a man to me so it is very hard to watch him decline. His music is strong and loud and it requires him to be strong in order for it to all look right.

On the other hand, I saw Dick Dale this past Sunday and he has still got it. Hasn't begun his decline yet. Go Dick.