dtel's son-in-law's surprise

• Moderators

Our son-in-law just purchased a set of Quintet IIs and installed them upstairs. Talk about the "wow factor". He was able to snag them on clearance for $300.00. He is totally amazed at how clear they sound. He says it has to be the "engineering". He is so excited he can hardly stand himself. We just went upstairs and listened to the set up...I was really surprised...but then again...it's Klipsch, so I shouldn't be so surprised. They even have the little Klipsch logos on them. When you take the grill covers off, the little horns are sooooo cute. ( I know that's a girl thing.)

The room is kind of small 16x14 with very low ceilings, kind of like an "attic room". The center of the room is about 7' and drops off to about 4' on each side, so the speakers really do a good job of "filling" the room.

For those of you that have never heard the Quintet II I think you would be surprised. Even our daughter was impressed and that is not an easy feat to accomplish. You know how women are about spending money on speakers....even little ones!!!!![;)]

• Moderators

I have to say it's been about 3 years since I had heard the Quintet ll. I was very surprised what they sound like !

He has them set up with a passive, sub and that is all that is needed for music. I can't belive the sound for a 7" tall speaker !

When we were at the store yesterday (Hoopers) to pick them up I was talking with the store manager about the pilgrimage . He said he was not surprised to hear about Klipsch having an event like that, they were a good company to deal with and were customer oriented, and were very easy to deal with when there were any problems with products. He said he knew about the Heritage line but his store sold more car audio than anything else because they were just down the street from USM College, but the other stores did better with home speakers.

• Moderators

Our son-in-law told us he was so excited about his Quintets he could barely sleep last night. One of the speakers are mounted right above their bed. He said all he could do was look at the speakers all night. I guess he wanted to play music till all hours, but with nine people in the house....[:(]

Our daughter works nights as an RN and she sleeps during the day so he couldn't listen during the day today even though we are taking a couple of days off. She will be leaving for work around 4:30 p.m. so I guess we can figure what he will be doing this afternoon.[:D]

He says they are the "best sounding speakers" he has ever owned. He went "visiting" today to "brag" about his new speakers!!! No kidding...that's his words.

Another happy Klipsch customer!