Indy or bust!!!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard is in town already? Man that guy gets around.

I'm packing the car tonight so that I can make it by 2pm.

DOC! I took a vacation day Thursday so I'm home. Probably will be out around noon, but we' ve got lots of little projects to work on. Want to ask you about the setup of the big Yammie also.

Yipes! Why is everyone leaving so early? What am I missing? We were going to get there in time for the mixer. Is something going on that we should get to Indy earlier on Friday?

Yipes! where you been the past few weeks? Everyone knows to get here early... haven't you been reading? Mostly they want to get seats in the BACK of the room for the mixer. (loud in there).

But the REAL movers and shakers are in town today- I have no idea what they're doing. [8-)][:^)][*-)]

Seriously- It's just the excitement and some are travelling a long way.

Well, if there's any parties or anything - Let me know and we'll come earlier.

This is going to be rough for us cuz we're going to Cali on Sunday. Will just have a few hours at home before getting on a plane. Plus I got into a batch of poison ivy so my forearms look like I have some sort of communicable skin disease.

Any woman there showing forearms that look like leprosy....... that's me!

• Moderators

Yes, we made it. I can not believe we are in Indianapolis. Home of IndyKlipschFan, Colterphoto1 and Klipsch!!!!! What better combination of folks do you ever come across in life?

Meagain, a group of us always try to get into town a little earlier for "unsanctioned" get togethers. Dtel and I actually arrived at IndyKlipschFan's home in Indianapolis around noon yesterday.

He and his family have been extremely gracious hosts. Roger III, Emma and Buddy have had a blast. They sang and danced in the home theater, watched animusic, played pool and spent lots of time outside on the Jungle Gym.

Oh yes, I almost forgot, dtel and Indy were pushing Buddy and Roger III down the hill on "ride on" toys and they had a blast. I think it was more fun for Indy and dtel than it was for the kids.

Wow, Indy has Klipsch in almost every room, even the bathroom. Seriously, Roger and Cindy have a beautiful home and we greatly appreciate the opportunity to spend some time with them and their children.

The home theater is awesome. It is very roomy, very comfy and most of all sounds terrific. I took the opportunity yesterday to watch James Taylor's DVD for a little while.

Cindy and I got the kids settled in bed around 10:00 p.m. and we both turned in for the night. Dtel and Roger retired to the theater and I didn't see dtel again until 4:00a.m. this morning. He and Roger put the theater "through its paces".

Michael, I can't wait to see you and get some hugs.

I am already regretting leaving Indianapolis.....such good friends we have met here and they live so far away from us.

Now that we have recovered from the long trip....let's get this party on the road!!!!!!

I bet it is impressive to see Roger's set-up and Michael's Klipsch Museum.

I should be in town around 7-7:30pm on Friday, weather permitting. The storms around INDY have me a bit worried that airports may be closed. Our area just got hammered with high winds, baseball sized hail, and torrential rains. Luckily for me, most of it happened 2-3 miles away.

See ya'll in a bit!!!!

JJ

Well I rolled into Indy around 2pm and as always was put to work. Had to pull out and test Colter's PA rig for the town meeting thing that'll be happening Saturday night...of course we were blasting tunes on the LSI's for the whole neighborhood to hear. We've never really opened them up before.....man those bad boys can really crank.

Later on this evening Coytee is/was insane and brought some of them ribs and ice-cream...It was awful so y'all don't need to bother swinging by for the leftovers.... [8-)] The DTELS, Roger, Coytee, Colter, and myself had a pretty good time shooting the proverbial mosquito on a rice patty. It was nice to see some familiar faces and I'm looking forward to seeing more of all y'alls tomorrow.

It's time for bed though....gonna be a few more long nights ahead of us. The DTELs are spending the night here as well - and then it's up bright and early to catch Jay at the bus station (talk about hardcore with an 18 hour bus ride). Hopefully we'll find him still in one piece.

Ugh....to think we'll be getting up in only 3 hours.....

• Moderators

We toured the town (well the audio stores) with Indyklipschfan yesterday, returned to his home for some more "home theater" entertainment and packed up for the "trip" to Colter's. I can't thank Indyklipschfan and his wife for all their hospitality. Emma and Roger, their children couldn't have been a better host and hostess to Buddy.

Finally arrived at Colter's around 8 p.m. and had some ribs and ice cream waiting for us, courtesy of Coytee and Colter. The ribs were delicious and the ice cream had to the best we've ever tasted.

So...to recap IndyKlipschFan, Colter, Dr. Who, Coytee, dtel, Buddy and myself all had a wonderful time visiting last night. Customsteve and Caroline were scheduled to arrive yesterday evening and were going to visit with us, however their flight was delayed and they probably won't be arriving until this morning.

Looks like Dr. Who and I will be picking Jay up at the bus station, (his bus is an hour late) and returning to Colter's. We will be catching up with Indyklipschfan later today. CustomSteve, Caroline, Picky, Mrs. Picky, and Michael Hurd will be arriving in town early today, so we are tentatively scheduled to meet up after lunch for some more R & R with IndyKlipschfan, before the mixer tonight.

Great hosts, great folks, great friends, great food, great music, great sound....what more could a person ask for while on vacation.[:D]

OK - IDK.... I guess we'll get to the Holiday Inn, Check in - then head to the bar (assuming there is one). I'll be wearing jeans and either a long black sweater, or black top. Blondish/steaky wavy hair that tends to look like I just woke up. Likely wearing some form of sunglasses inside cuz that's how I roll. So If ya'll see that - say hi. LOL

Darn, Wish I could get around everyone early today but no can do. I'll see ya all at the Holiday Inn Bar or Banquet room tonight around 8:00 indy time. I have to be at the nursing home around 5:30 and make sure dad eats supper and doesn't go off on the great people at the home he is in. Then get the 6 year old to the sitter for the weekend. (Yep, still a single full time dad of a 6 year old.) I'm looking forward to putting the faces with the posts. Big deal for me. I'm getting pretty attached to the forum members here.

I'm white headed, (what's left of it), 6' tall 240lbs, wear glasses and will probably throw on a pair of jeans and blue dress shirt. USMC logo belt will probably be an easy choice for spotting me. Looking forward to meeting all.

HarryO