Another step closer, just bought me some Heresy's

nannerneck

Well my babies got hear a little earlier today, I might be a little obsessed about this hobby when the Fedex guy backs through my yard to my front door. I think what the Heck until he comes out to shake my hand and asks if I on vacation again(same guy that brought my B&K amp). I e-mailed the owner for the ser. # and never got a reply. Now I know why 17N066 and 17N142. So I am a little down until I hook them up. Set my 5ll's on top of the Heresy's hooked them up and OH MY GOSH they rocked right off the bat. It was like a big weight was lifted off my shoulders. Cann't stop listening to them to check out whats inside but I will soon.

Well I finally took the time to open these speakers. All Klipsch drivers thank God. Type E crossover and the inside looked like it just came from the factory. But only one problem (that the seller did not share) One mid horn has a gap of about 3/8's that runs along the bottom of the horn. Horn is very secure, looks like it might have been caused when screws were put in and splintered the wood.Just wondering if I should try to fix it? If that lowers that horns performance any?

Congrats on the purchase and the safe ship. Yes do get the mid horn to seat properly. The Heresy is a sealed box and if there is an air gap that allows movement of air, your bass will be off.

Enjoy!

What flips me out once you see this speaker up close It is so easy to spot. IMO it looks like maybe they tighten the top screws to far at first and tilted the horn downward and then tighten the bottom screws and spintered the wood. I'll try and reposition the horn.