Reference series guys

Go to Albany N.Y. Craigslist and gander at the Klipsch speakers $1000. under electronics July 1...that seems like a hell of a deal to me, maybe I'm wrong....I've got no horse in the race, don't know anything about the reference series, or the owner......Damn, I gotta' get a life......

Not too many 2 channel guys into reference huh buck.

Until you say something negative against them, then they swarm on ya' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!............[;)]...Those speakers in Detroit are a good deal too, but like Albany, you would have to pick them up yourself, shipping would kill any price advantage..............

• 2 weeks later...

mikieboyblue..............are you a Poughkeepsie guy, or just live there ?

I'm originally from Syracuse, living in Poughkeepsie now (after college) because that's where the work is. I almost sent you an message because you are from the "North Country" which I know all too well :-P .... I went to Clarkson University -- graduated two years ago.

I'm originally from Syracuse, living in Poughkeepsie now (after college) because that's where the work is. I almost sent you an message because you are from the "North Country" which I know all too well :-P .... I went to Clarkson University -- graduated two years ago.

Funny, my Son just got his Master's from Clarkson, and just started work in Poughkeepsie, Central Hudson Power I think............That reference deal in Albany would be sweet for you, you could pick it up.......anyway, Best of Luck to you in Poughkeepsie

Funny, my Son just got his Master's from Clarkson, and just started work in Poughkeepsie, Central Hudson Power I think............That reference deal in Albany would be sweet for you, you could pick it up.......anyway, Best of Luck to you in Poughkeepsie

Awesome, small world.

• Moderators

What are the reference series good for?

People who never heard Heritage !........................................................Sorry just kidding, and/or personal choice.[6]

Small world indeed! In '62 I was born at Vassar Hospital, and my dad's folks lived off Route 55 high on a hill near the Apple Valley Shopping Plaza, Klondike Inn, and Eberhard Builders for many years (my grandmom also worked at the hospital and at the cafe at Lucky Platts back in the late '60s). In '78 they retired to Florida, so I haven't been up to Poughkeepsie since then...wonder how much it's changed after all these years? Still remember Big Ben, the IBM plant, the annual Dutchess County Fair, and always loved the Sunday drives along the Taconic State Parkway (good times as a kid).

As far as the Reference Series goes, I'm still a newbie after recently purchasing a cherry pair of RB-75s from member Ben Clarke, who bought them from Mark Deneen who had bought them from member capo72 (Jeremy). My dad's beloved '79 Cornwalls have been in all our household's multiple systems like forever (and now modded up the whazzoo in my brother's system), so I'm familiar with Heritage from that of family and of friends who also own CWs and Khorns. Since the RB-75s are the only Reference I've ever heard, I really can't comment on the entire series as a whole. But from what these TOTL bookshelf monitors can do, I'm very impressed with their non-fatiguing sonic qualities. IMO they're as refined as the Heritage, but with a slightly different sound...I can't really explain it...but they're sweet. I'm equally as thrilled with these RB-75s as I still am with the Cornwalls (and the CWs sound better still with the 2-way Altec 511B mods, like they're smaller versions of the Jubilees (heh)! Maybe not, but close).