Garage Sale

arfandbark

Our local VFW post is in a bad way. I won't get into details other than someone was helping themself to the cash.

Two weeks from bankrupt we were. Theivery right in my backyard.....

One of the things they are gonna do to generate a few bucks is a garage sale.

I'm halfway willing to donate a system. But not without a reserve.

What is this system worth?

A fully functional Harman Kardon 730. Tried and tested.

Luxman DX 7211 single play CD player.

Polk Monitor 10 speakers in perfect working order.

Please respond with your opinions. Thank you.

Arf,

Sorry it all turned out like it did.

As a Veteran, I'm sending your VFW a donation through you if you don't mind. I know how hard you work for them. Thanks Mikey.

Ebay prices,

Polk Monitor 10s $100-150 (I still have a perfect pair of grills for the monitor 10s for you here. I was hoping you would get down to pick them up in person)

HK 730 $50-90 (edit: I've been sitting on mine until the prices go back up. Too nice a receiver to "give away")

Luxman CDP $35

Harry USMC

Sorry to hear about the bad business.

On setting a reserve, that's tough for nice vintage gear. Usually garage sale prices are expected to be low. At times when I've thought about unloading something like an HK receiver and the prices are cheap, I think, heck at that price I'd buy it from myself.

Set it up and it will make very nice music for the garage sale, even if it doesn't sell for your reserve.

Sorry to hear about the bad business.

On setting a reserve, that's tough for nice vintage gear. Usually garage sale prices are expected to be low. At times when I've thought about unloading something like an HK receiver and the prices are cheap, I think, heck at that price I'd buy it from myself.

Set it up and it will make very nice music for the garage sale, even if it doesn't sell for your reserve.

My plan exactly, Daddy Dee. If it doesn't sell for what I consider fair value I'll take it back home and they had tunes for the sale.

Sell all of the stereo equipment on this forum first and what dont sell here put on ebay and then donate all of the money to the vfw. I think this way you will end up getting more money for the cause.

A good point.

Garage sailers won't have a clue as to the quality of the equipment.

I'm going to try it anyway and see if my negotiating skills with the addition of beer will help.

The VFW has listened to my Cornwalls and Crowns on a couple of occasions.

I've developed a reputation here as someone in the "know" about stereo. (As if).

Arf,

Sorry it all turned out like it did.

As a Veteran, I'm sending your VFW a donation through you if you don't mind. I know how hard you work for them. Thanks Mikey.

Ebay prices,

Polk Monitor 10s $100-150 (I still have a perfect pair of grills for the monitor 10s for you here. I was hoping you would get down to pick them up in person)

HK 730 $50-90 (edit: I've been sitting on mine until the prices go back up. Too nice a receiver to "give away")

Luxman CDP $35

Harry USMC

Harry, my good friend.