Moderator discretion

DizRotus

Amy-<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

You do a wonderful job. I'm glad to learn that moderator's use their discretion to lock threads (possibly with input from forum members); that the original or subsequent posters can not unilaterally lock a thread. If that understanding is incorrect, please clarify the process.

While it would be interesting to know why any specific thread is locked, the unsatisfied curiosity is not fatal. You tolerate a lot of nonsense from participants on this great forum.

• Moderators

We "tolerate" a lot because we don't constantly monitor every single post. There's just no way we can do that. That's why we encourage people to report objectionable activity.

I lock down threads that I find which are violating our policies. It's pretty simple. If you don't know our policies, you can find them here. Yes, some posts are open to interpretation, which someone will inevitably have an argument for or against, but I am ultimately responsible for the content here.

I've said it before, I'm not perfect.

I also lock down threads that question the manner in which we run this forum. [:)]