Guessing someone will Snipe Me...Butta this is butter.........

kkerley33

As cool as they are being unused, I wouldn't really get too excited without some sort of a veneered finish.

To me, that's just what makes them interesting. Heresy IIIs are MDF, no more classic raw birch.

Ooooooh. I want those!

I wasn't aware of Klipsch using MDF these days.

Whatever happened to taking pride in building a quality speaker cabinet?

Ooops, wrong forum:)

post-14158-1381933926686_thumb.jpg

As cool as they are being unused, I wouldn't really get too excited without some sort of a veneered finish.

To me, that's just what makes them interesting. Heresy IIIs are MDF, no more classic raw birch.

Ooooooh. I want those!

That wood with specs is absolutely fugly.

Well, MDF is a better material for speakers. Denser, and therefore less resonance.

Klipsch STILL makes the La Scala ( I ) in Raw Birch, but ONLY for the European market.

Well, MDF is a better material for speakers. Denser, and therefore less resonance.

Klipsch STILL makes the La Scala ( I ) in Raw Birch, but ONLY for the European market. 

Just having some fun. No slam against the Klipsch sound. My Khorns will be here for a long time.

Seti I think that speckled finish was called Pecan Walnut? Not sure? Used to have a pair of Altecs in the same wood.
Is it fuglier than raw plywood glued together? Let me think about it.......OK, no its not.

"I am not concerned about scams. Someone with a 1400 feedback is not a scammer."

Apparently you're not familiar with "Ebay identity theft". I had a guy using my ebay handle and listed a couple of things. Ebay caught it quick but it's another good reason to check "Ebays' Messages" and reply only through that.

An auction that runs for a while is probably safe from scams like this but it's always good to check things out. Ebay "hacking" is a real problem right now.

Harry

Harry,

I am more than familiar with it. But I had already had contact with the seller and can do my homework. It is typically newer accounts that get hit with scamming because the newbies on e-bay do stupid thinks like click on those links in Auctions to "personal wbsites" and ask questions outside of ebay.

The other easy tell, is most scammers or account hacks do something stupid like like list 400 High End or rare items, run short 3 day Auctions or have really low, unrealistic BIN prices. If it looks to good to be true...it probably is...this auction didn't look to good to be true...just a FANTASTIC find.

Harry does make some good points though as scammers do exist and account hacks are becoming more prevelant. If you are worried that it might be to good to be true...e-mail the seller THROUGH EBAY, make sure the reply comes back throug ebay, and look at the sellers other items, if there are a lot of "great" deals then stay away.

KAK

I am not concerned about scams. Someone with a 1400 feedback is not a scammer.

And sorry about this MAS, but how is waiting until the last minute to bid, only driving up the bid amount. People are going to bid their MAX amount anyways if a lower price is still showing in the Highest Bid window.

By waiting till the last minute to bid, I am doing the same thing as Auction Sentry or Esnipe, I am just doing it myself by going to the Auction just before the end. It is quite simple really, put a 5 minute notify on your Outlook Calandar with a link, go the auction, check the time remaining, set your stop watch, enter your bid and hit confirm in the final 5 to 10 seconds. Its not rocket science.

I usually bid in the last 3 seconds. Leading up to the end, I will hit "refresh" when my computer's clock is, say, exactly 5 minutes from auction close. This allows me to check sync between my clock and ebay's clock. The drawback is that you have no time to rebid if you've been outbid, but if you follow pauln's advice about placing your max bid, then you shouldn't worry if you miss it.