Klipsch dealers in Texas??

I live in Corpus Christi and don't have a Klipsch dealer in my city. When I enter my zip code the dealer locater on this site list two, but neither have a show room.

Anyone here from Texas that might be able to recommend a dealer? I went to Bjorn's in San Antonio, but they don't have much to show.

I'm seriously considering going back to Klipsch after many years and going though countless number of other speakers and am very anxious to hear the new heritage line. I've also been looking hard at the 83's (much better fit for my living room), but it seems many don't feel they're as good as the Heritage line. ??

I'm retired Navy and while stationed in Guam during the mid to late 80's I owned the original Cornwall's, the Corwall II's and the LaScalla's. They weren't the perfect speaker so I continued my quest. However, I've come to realize that no one speaker does it all and these are the speakers I miss the most. I've not found a single speaker that can match the dynamics and realism of these.

Curious to hear how the LaScalla II's and Cornall III's match up. It's been too long and I don't recall why I went from the Cornwall's to the LaScalla's. As often as I change equipment I might just have been curious, who knows?

Is everyone pretty much having to pay list prices? They've went up considerably (got my first Cornwall's for 800 bucks) and I would like to know what kind of discount I can expect from a dealer.

Thanks.

• Moderators

Welcome back...or at least welcome to the Forum.

The question you raise has been asked many times....it is very difficult to find dealers in today's market that are willing to dedicate the space to "big speakers". That being said...we do have a few members in the Texas area that may know of a dealer you can visit.

Dtel and I are proud owners of a pair of Cornwall IIIs. We won these as a "door prize" at the 2006 Klipsch Pilgrimage in Hope, Arkansas, which also celebrated the 60th Anniversary of Klipsch. The Cornwall IIIs are excellent speakers and much improvement has been realized with the release of Cornwall IIIs. While in Hope we also had the opportunity to audition LaScala IIs which are IMO one of the best speakers on the market for the price.

Dtel and I live in Picayune, MS, which is about one hour north of New Orleans. In addition to the Cornwall IIIs we also have the speakers shown below set up and "operational" in our family room. Additionally, we have a pair of Heresy's in our workshop. You are more than welcome to come over and give them a listen if you can make it out this way.

Again....welcome back to the Klipsch Family and welcome to the Forum. Stick around....I am sure you will find you like it here.

This has come up before and I believe there are none in Texas that actually stock the heritage line. You might be able to order them though. It is a source of consternation to us Texans not to be able to walk in and hear heritage somewhere. I have heard nothing but good things from those who have heard them.

• Moderators

"It is a source of consternation to us Texans not to be able to walk in and hear heritage somewhere."

It is also a source of consternation to us Mississippians not to be able to walk in and hear heritage somewhere. This issue was raised at Klipsch Pilgrimage 2007 during our "Town Hall Meeting" in Indianapolis and I do believe the "higher ups" at Klipsch are very well aware of our "discontent".

In the meantime, the offer is on the table to anyone who wishes to hear any speakers we have....if you are our area or plan to be in our area let us know and we will be happy to let you listen to our "set ups" while offering some of our genuine southern hospitality!

Dtel, you lucky dog. I've never won a thing in my life, let alone a nice pair of speakers like these. Your a little far for me to drive for an audition,but the gesture is most appreciated.

I can't understand why Klipsch is not doing more to get this line out to the dealers. They probably figure they're not going to sell the volume of some of the other (cheaper) lines, but still. This is the case with most speaker companies, but they still put their best front and center.

One of the best American speakers ever made and you cant find a place to audition in TX. Come on!

And while I'm on my soap box. what in the world did they do with Acurus and Aragon? IMO they represented some of the best bang for the buck electronics one could buy and then all of sudden they just fell off the face of the earth.

If they weren't selling it's because of the changes they made to start with. IMO they butchered the looks, so little wonder sales probably declined.

Why did Klipsch buy them if they were not going to continue production? One has to wonder who is making these decisions? I think Klipsch is missing the boat and a butt load of sales with their current strategy.

Sorry for drifting off subject.

• Moderators

Jack,

Like I said this topic was discussed at the Pilgrimage in Indianapolis in June 2007. Klipsh generously sponsored a Town Hall Meeting among other events. During this meeting we were able to openly ask questions of Fred Klipsch, as well as many other executives of Klipsch. At this time the overseas market is virtually "carrying" the Heritage line.

There appears to be a slight shift in the US market regarding "big speakers", but a lot has to be overcome. From what I can understand the WAF (wife approval factor), as well as other factors have impacted the large speaker market. FYI, Klipsch recent hired Richard Paynting, previously employed with Bose, you might want to take a look at his bio. We met Richard and IMO he is as well versed in marketing as he is in engineering!

Personally, I have accepted the four Forte IIs, two Fortes, two Cornwall IIIs and 3'x3' subwoofer that "grace" our family room. Our system has provided many hours of quality entertainment for our family. Our grown children, as well as our grandchildren love to come home to visit and "pump up the volume", dance in the family room or watch a great movie. Surprisingly most women visitors to our home are greatly surprised at the quality of sound and always ask for an invitation to come back. I wish more women thought about audio like I and some of the other wives on this forum think!!!

I bought my first real stereo system at the Navy Exchange in Guam back in '86. I deperately wanted to get Klipsch but couldn't make it work. Eventually got a used set of Cornwalls and like you, realized they were not perfect and considered moving on. Fortunately for me, I experimented with better amplification and realized the Cornwalls were not at fault, though still relatively good, it was my amplification that was flawed. Match your Klipsch with good upstream components and you might just be amazed at how good it can get. Good doesn't necessarily have to be expensive. When I lived in Houston in the '90s, the Klipsch dealer there had the Heritage line on display. Of course back then it wasn't "Heritage" as this line was still the main attraction. Home Entertainment was the name of the place and I think they've changed names since then. I'd be suprised if they still had Heritage on display though, not many places seem to anymore.

I bought my first real stereo system at the Navy Exchange in Guam back in '86. I deperately wanted to get Klipsch but couldn't make it work. Eventually got a used set of Cornwalls and like you, realized they were not perfect and considered moving on. Fortunately for me, I experimented with better amplification and realized the Cornwalls were not at fault, though still relatively good, it was my amplification that was flawed. Match your Klipsch with good upstream components and you might just be amazed at how good it can get. Good doesn't necessarily have to be expensive. When I lived in Houston in the '90s, the Klipsch dealer there had the Heritage line on display. Of course back then it wasn't "Heritage" as this line was still the main attraction. Home Entertainment was the name of the place and I think they've changed names since then. I'd be suprised if they still had Heritage on display though, not many places seem to anymore.

Were you in the Navy? I was stationed at the communications base (NAVCAMS WESTPAC) from 85-90 and bought all three pairs of my Klipsch from the Navy Exchange. They sold some pretty decent electronics too. Many guys on the base owned the Klipsch and ran them with the Onkyo Integra amps/pre-amps, Forte's or Adcoms as this was what the exchange sold. During the early 90's the Acurus amps were the rave and as you can see, these are still some of my favorites.

I've been into this hobby for over 30 years how, so I do realize how important amplification is. It's all about the system synergy, room, etc. This is one reason I really want to hear their new line. Perfect fit for my room size wise, but I want that Klipsch sound.

I was a college student working a co-op job there at the Naval Station. Spent eight months there -- first four I lived at the BOQ at the Naval Station then they moved me to Nimitz Hill. I'll tell you what, it was like being in heaven seeing all that audio equipment for so cheap. I spent many days at the Exchange and up at the AAFES at Andersen. That is where I first got to hear Klipsch and I've been hooked ever since.

Read some of the posts here and you'll find a high preference for tube amplifiers. That's what I switched to many years ago and found audio bliss. See if you can't listen to some of this, there should be several forum members not too far from where you live that may be willing to give you a listen.

• Moderators

JMON,

dwilawyer is around Austin, TX I think? That may be a little bit of a drive. I know there are quite a few forum members in the Little Rock area, which is still quite a drive.

Any other Texans out there in the Corpus Christi area?

• Moderators

JMON,

dwilawyer is around Austin, TX I think? That may be a little bit of a drive. I know there are quite a few forum members in the Little Rock area, which is still quite a drive.

Dtel's WIfe,

I thought that the diamonds in the Anniv. Khorns was all that was needed to achieve total and complete WAF?[:P]

I am in Austin, and anyone is welcome to listen to Klipsch at my place, but alas it is only vintage corwall II's right now. I am going to Hope on Friday to listen to a pair of Jubs, and so I might have a pair of those in the near future, but we shall see.

Travis

• Moderators

JMON,

Dtel's WIfe,

I thought that the diamonds in the Anniv. Khorns was all that was needed to achieve total and complete WAF?[:P]

I am in Austin, and anyone is welcome to listen to Klipsch at my place, but alas it is only vintage corwall II's right now. I am going to Hope on Friday to listen to a pair of Jubs, and so I might have a pair of those in the near future, but we shall see.

Travis

Travis,

I told you the diamonds weren't what impressed me!!!! I just thought the 60th Anniversary Khorns were beautiful....but then again I also wouldn't mind a pair of Jubs in my family room!!!!!!!

BTW, Travis, if you think WAF is tough on the 60th Anniversary Khorns, what in the world makes you think you will get WAF on JUBS????? You better make sure you get the most beautiful pair of JUBS to ever come out of Hope. It's obvious your wife is not impressed by awesome sounding speakers![;)] Have you been to Hope before? The factory in Hope is truly one awesome place to visit!!!! Like Arky said, "You feel like you are on hallowed ground".

Dtel, says "Ask your wife, which one do you want me to spend my money on....speakers or strippers?[;)]

JMON,

Dtel's WIfe,

Travis

Luck Dog ! [Y]